• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Wembley?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Amazing saves"! I dont altogeter know when I saw him do one of them! To your last point though, one thing our defence has never been IMHO is comfortable with Maxted in goal. He appears not to communicate with his team mates and looks a total loner between those posts. Ward is far and away the best keeper in every department, but I think we know that he's suffered a dip in form since he broke his arm. He should be automatic choice though if he's fit enough.
Sorry Pete, that's bollox as I said before the last game Maxted has kept 13 clean sheets in 26 starts this season which hardly points to an uncomfortable defence. Ward isn't bad, 6 clean sheets in 22 matches but let your head rule your heart, Maxted deserves his spot.

Realise that we are hoping that Ward will develop and one day earn us a lot of money but, for now, give Jonno the gloves!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just decided he might well not play Fisher with Bowman.

We were going after that second leg and he knew Colchester would come to defend and we had to get at their defenders who are physical. The final will be a different prospect.

arthur

Richardson has got youth, energy and speed
So had Leon Braithwaite

IndoMike

So had Leon Braithwaite
Played in a Champion's League qualifier 👍

Rosencrantz

Played in a Champion's League qualifier 👍
Set up Flackie for a decisive injury time second goal at Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup in the most one sided hammerings I have ever seen City take but somehow escape with a win from 😀.

IndoMike

It's a bloody shame there can be nobody to see the team off, nobody to greet them at Wembley, nobody to celebrate the win with.
Fecking virus should p*ss off.

STURTZ

So had Leon Braithwaite
Agree with this, underwhelmed with Richardson, lots of pace and energy but lacks ball skills IMHO. was better when he started with us than he shows now.

Oliver

Agree with this, underwhelmed with Richardson, lots of pace and energy but lacks ball skills IMHO. was better when he started with us than he shows now.
Thats because he is being played on the left hand side, when I have seen him on thre right side he is far more dangerous and very effective.

STURTZ

Thats because he is being played on the left hand side, when I have seen him on thre right side he is far more dangerous and very effective.
Yes actually that could be true.

PeteUSA

Sorry Pete, that's bollox as I said before the last game Maxted has kept 13 clean sheets in 26 starts this season which hardly points to an uncomfortable defence. Ward isn't bad, 6 clean sheets in 22 matches but let your head rule your heart, Maxted deserves his spot.

Okay, if JM promises not to flap at every cross, not slip up on his arse when clearing, palm the ball out to opposition players, or block a player who's clean through with his trailing leg, I suppose he should start! I just dont want there to be a 'Taxi for Maxted' thread after the game!