• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Wembley?

Devonboy

Maxted for me.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
As we say in Cornwall, if it's broke, don't fix it.

IndoMike

Another with Indo disease...... what is this obsession people have got with trying force six into midfield. Either you play with four at the back or two up front because we nearly always play with five in the middle.
Sorry, old fruit. I haven't suggested 6 in midfield. You think I'd suggest 3-6-1?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we say in Cornwall, if it's broke, don't fix it.
I read that three times before it registered

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake Taylor is one of the few players from Monday's team to remain from our last visit to Wembley. Experience does count for something in a game like this and I also expect the manager to start JT. But the option of bringing Archie Collins on in a creative role is now very tasty indeed, so I expect Atangana to start rather than Archie.

this is my guess at the starting line up

Maxted
Sweeney A Martin Moxey Sparkes
Williams Law Atangana Taylor
Fisher Bowman

Also Pete, Maxted has twice as many clean sheets as Ward, so to say the defence doesn’t feel comfortable with Maxted in goal seems a bit odd.

For what it’s worth I also think Ward is a great keeper
Also Pete,
You obviously missed his save in the last minute at home to FGR; his multiple fantastic saves away at FGR too.

Also, I’d say the save when Poku went clean through on Monday could be classed as amazing. Poku was favourite to score but he closed down the space well and managed to block the shot and also manage to deflect the ball clear from goal. The fact that this save kept us in the tie also makes it amazing.
You can also add Salford and Grimsby away to the list

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
It all comes down to this. The final game of the League 2 season. It's in our hands. Is this finally our year? Hope we see big performances from everyone selected. C'MON ZIDY!

Grecianpasty

It seems simple to me. I would imagine both teams will prepare exactly the same way. Stick with the same teams that brought them to the dance, preparing the players physically and mentally.

Were going to have to play with high intensity because you can guarantee Northampton will.

Big nige, sparkes, dickenson, randell, Jay, seymour and Martin are all players who can utilise the space late on in the game or, god forbid, if we go to extra time again.

IndoMike

Difficult to pick the starting eleven.
Richardson has got youth, energy and speed which might be an advantage at Wembley. Think I'd start with Law, Collins and Jake in central midfield.and bring on Atangana later. Williams obviously plays.
Not sure if to play both Fisher and Bowman or one of them + Seymour or Ajose. Fisher and Bowman are a little bit static for the wide open spaces of Wembley.
Think we'll play 3-5-2 again
Maxted just about earns goalie spot
The good thing is that we have good options on the bench whatever the starting line up is
Oh, a bit worried that their speedy winger will expose Deano if one on one
The main thing is please win the game.
It'll mean 3 great derby games against Rovers, Argyle and Swindon plus some big teams coming down.
Gonna pray hard for Div 1.

IndoMike

The nerves are starting to fray. Where's the bleddy whiskey?