• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Wembley?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maxted

CB Sweeney
CB Martin
CB Moxey

RWB Williams
LWB Sparkes

CM Atangana
CM Collins
Att CM Law

CF Fisher
CF Bowman

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching Northampton this eve they are a fairly typically traditional league 2 side. Hard working, physical, unattractive, effective, dangerous.

We'll need to be at our very best to win this one.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Squid

IndoMike

Watching Northampton this eve they are a fairly typically traditional league 2 side. Hard working, physical, unattractive, effective, dangerous.

But so do they, Snoopy.

Gareth

Maxted

CB Sweeney
CB Martin
CB Moxey

RWB Williams
LWB Sparkes

CM Atangana
CM Collins
Att CM Law

CF Fisher
CF Bowman
I‘d like to see this but fear Matt with play Taylor over Collins or Atangana.

IndoMike

I‘d like to see this but fear Matt with play Taylor over Collins or Atangana.
With so many subs to bring on if someone is having a bad day we can easily make changes.

Mr Jinx

Yes, but surely more beatable than Blackpool or Coventry were (at the time)? Either way, it's always a little bit of a toss up and depends very much on the mental attitude on the day. The games we have lost, I got the feeling we'd lost before the game begun.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wembley has a larger pitch than SJP and is notorious for being strength sapping also the weather is far warmer in late June than is normal for the players to perform in. Question is, do we go in all guns blazing like yesterday or sit back conserving energy for the final twenty minutes ? Both managers have got some big calls to make over team selection this week.

IndoMike

Wembley has a larger pitch than SJP and is notorious for being strength sapping also the weather is far warmer in late June than is normal for the players to perform in. Question is, do we go in all guns blazing like yesterday or sit back conserving energy for the final twenty minutes ? Both managers have got some big calls to make over team selection this week.
My guess is that after beating Cheltenham they will come out all guns blazing while we tend to adopt a more cautious approach generally, although not yesterday. IINM we tend to get stronger as the game progresses . If 0-0 at half time I'd feel confident. Bit afraid of this winger they have. Not sure who will be marking him.

tonykellowfan

My view is that one of the major reasons for the win yesterday was the Collins-Taylor-Law centre midfield, so I would not want Taylor to change that.