• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Newport

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
We can expect those players left out on Tuesday to return, or can we?

Those coming in showed they have plenty to offer, Woodman for Moxey anybody? Holmes must come back, he's playing so well but what about Lee Martin playing up front with Stockley leaving out Forte. We seem to do well well with Tilson as defensive mid perhaps he should start, that would mean bench for Taylor (wont happen) or Boateng?

Not my problem and I wouldn't like to call it but a (good) headache for Matty.

ExeterCityLad

Having such a strong team, with so much depth makes it hard to pick a team. I'll be happy with whatever team MT puts forward I think.

Red Monster

Having such a strong team, with so much depth makes it hard to pick a team. I'll be happy with whatever team MT puts forward I think.
We need a couple more signings to have the strength in depth you’re on about.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it ain’t bust, you either play the Ipswich line up or the Morecambe one.

Happy days.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it ain’t bust, you either play the Ipswich line up or the Morecambe one.

Happy days.
No no no no what do you know about management. You should know by now you set up for the opposition, you try and counter their strengths and then once nullified, say after sixty minutes you try and win the game! So expect wholesale changes from the previous games. Remember the opposition have every right to try and win the game!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Barring any injuries, I'd exect the starting line-up to be the same as the one starting Carlisle and Morecambe. Then bench is a tricker decision though.

IndoMike

We need a couple more signings to have the strength in depth you’re on about.
If we don't have enough strength in depth it should be easy for you to pick the team for Saturday with a limited number of players. Please go ahead...

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
No no no no what do you know about management. You should know by now you set up for the opposition, you try and counter their strengths and then once nullified, say after sixty minutes you try and win the game! So expect wholesale changes from the previous games. Remember the opposition have every right to try and win the game!
The change is certainly refreshing. Square pegs in square holes for the first time in years.

IndoMike

Complete trust in Matt T to sort out this nice selection headache. Moxey or Woodman? Forte or Abraham or Martin? Sparkes or Holmes? And midfield?

Red Monster

If we don't have enough strength in depth it should be easy for you to pick the team for Saturday with a limited number of players. Please go ahead...
Well Matt Taylor has said we’ve got a small squad and has spoken to Chelsea about bringing in couple of there
Youngest after watching them in the Checkertrade trophy.

So I assume he wants to give himself a bigger squad to choose from?

Is that okay with you ....