• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TdF 2020

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is live in Oz so will be keeping an eye on it each evening

Rosencrantz

Early British success in France as Lizzie Deignan wins Le Course.

Red Devon

Several scary looking tumbles yesterday hopefully a drier day today for the riders.

GJW

Several scary looking tumbles yesterday hopefully a drier day today for the riders.
That’s why I’m a fair weather cyclist, and I don’t like cleaning my bike. Wonder what the injury count was yesterday? Lot of falls.

Red Devon

That’s why I’m a fair weather cyclist, and I don’t like cleaning my bike. Wonder what the injury count was yesterday? Lot of falls.
Sensibly they took the decision to slow up until the conditions improved a bit, there was a few hairy moments before then though.

Disc brakes are significantly better than rim brakes in the wet you could also put on some Gatorskin tyres for the winter to improve grip in the wet!

Reactions: GJW

Alistair20000

Yes indeed. Also very narrow roads in places.

Having given it a go with the highlights it is still a Meh from me

Avening Posse

TV coverage here totally reliant on info provided from French TV. Not great last night, hopefully it improves tonight, although the coverage of the women’s race was very good

Rosencrantz

Sensibly they took the decision to slow up until the conditions improved a bit, there was a few hairy moments before then though.
All teams except Astana until Miguel Angel Lopez ended up rearranging a road sign and in a bush! Jumbo-Visma were quick to have words with them breaking the neutralisation and Luke Rowe didn't mince his words at the end.

Couple of mountains climbs today although it might be a bit early for the big boys to flex their muscles and not an uphill finish.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's behind-the-sofa time for me when the riders are careering downhill around bends on a wet road. Some of those barriers look just the right height for the wheels to hit and catapult the rider over the top. Terrifying.

Rosencrantz

It's behind-the-sofa time for me when the riders are careering downhill around bends on a wet road. Some of those barriers look just the right height for the wheels to hit and catapult the rider over the top. Terrifying.
Rio Olympics was scary, especially Annemiek Van Vleuten's crash. That could have been seriously bad.