• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

tannoy

citizen

Re: The Loudspeaker System

Still seems to be a problem. Intermittent when in the Doble on Saturday. And on the Fluminense match thread, there are a few comments as well.

Is there anything the good people of Exeweb can do to help the Club on this?
Attended the game last night and the P.A system was useless.Doubled up with the fact the Match day programme bore no resemblance to the numbers being used by the youngsters of City.It is just not good enough for the paying public. Surely the system must be tested pre-season.This is not new problem it keeps happening.
Hopefully someone can sort it out.

ALOTBSOL

Attended the game last night and the P.A system was useless.Doubled up with the fact the Match day programme bore no resemblance to the numbers being used by the youngsters of City.It is just not good enough for the paying public. Surely the system must be tested pre-season.This is not new problem it keeps happening.
Hopefully someone can sort it out.
It probably is, but the tests are probably done by someone who know's what their doing in terms of speaking clearly, with an empty stadium and nothing to obstruct the sound. All we really need to do is make sure that the match day announcer knows exactly where and how they have to speak for it to be clear, but spending a bit of money on a microphone that doesn't lose signal so easily would probably also be a bonus.

Not expecting them to ever replace the system that works any better, because it isn't something that's going to make them an obvious amount of money unfortunately.

Boyo

I suspect 3,000+ mobile phones signals have some impact on a match day.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

Do other clubs have problems? Genuine question. Mobile phones are at all grounds, maybe bigger clubs can afford better systems but we should be able to have a comparable tannoy with most clubs in our division I would have thought.

tagz

I don't think mobiles have an affect on it. Every ground I have been to it hasn't been a problem of which some included a 75,000 attendance.

DanceMagnet

Quite simply put, this is a health and safety issue. If ever there was an incident, the club could be sued into oblivion.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster

Quite simply put, this is a health and safety issue. If ever there was an incident, the club could be sued into oblivion.
Heaven forbid, but quite. I don't think the blaming the matchday announcer would cut it under such circumstances.

This has been ongoing for far too long. The fact they haven't sorted it out over close season is a concern. It's annoying not be able to hear the team being read out etc. but the tannoy is essential for far more important reasons.

Pobbop

Seemed a lot better today from where I was.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

Any safety announcement probably comes from a hardwired system, rather than the radio mic.

GrecianWonder

I couldn't hear a thing in the Doble again. This needs sorting out ASAP