• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg Must Go

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Time to close this negative tread?
Exactly what I said a few pages ago.....negative and totally pointless.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly what I said a few pages ago.....negative and totally pointless.
Absolutely , some of the posters are now arguing over his name as if that matters anyway and it's sunk to being petty !
Time for some unity now anyway with Matt's appointment.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Julian Tagg must go" Gregorian Tagg 1582

Northern Red

Looking at his other businesses those without any connection to ECFC don't seem particularly successful.
What a surprise that nobody wants to comment on the proper chap post as it must be true.

There is also No reason to shut this thread down.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a surprise that nobody wants to comment on the proper chap post as it must be true.

There is also No reason to shut this thread down.
You say this but give us one good reason why it should be continued?

David Treharne

Because whilst I disagree with the total negativity of Northern Red there is a good case to be made for what I indicated in post#130 i.e. a transfer of the apparent seamless nature of the transfer of managerial responsibilties into future planning for succession at Club Board level. With best will in the world Julian Tagg is not going to be able to carry on undertaking the current workload for an indefinite period of time. In my view it's time that the Trust laid down some sort of timetable for this to happen. No-one (least of all me) questions his commitment to the Club, but his style of management (if that's what it is) depends heavily on personal contact and networking. One of the reasons why 2003 was so difficult was because the previous incumbent of the chair of the club had made absolutely no provision for what would happen after the debacle of Russell and Lewis and left all sorts of decisions - and non-decisions buried for others to find and untangle. That's why I think this conversation should continue. It ought no to be vilification of the present acting Chair, but the start of a process to push the Trust Board into some sort of appropriate planning over this and other matters. If you want more reasons, Sexton, I'll willingly provide them.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Its extremely annoying for all of us.
Who is this " all of us " have you taken a poll or are you now the boring bloke sat in the pub on a Saturday annoying people around you ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because whilst I disagree with the total negativity of Northern Red there is a good case to be made for what I indicated in post#130 i.e. a transfer of the apparent seamless nature of the transfer of managerial responsibilties into future planning for succession at Club Board level. With best will in the world Julian Tagg is not going to be able to carry on undertaking the current workload for an indefinite period of time. In my view it's time that the Trust laid down some sort of timetable for this to happen. No-one (least of all me) questions his commitment to the Club, but his style of management (if that's what it is) depends heavily on personal contact and networking. One of the reasons why 2003 was so difficult was because the previous incumbent of the chair of the club had made absolutely no provision for what would happen after the debacle of Russell and Lewis and left all sorts of decisions - and non-decisions buried for others to find and untangle. That's why I think this conversation should continue. It ought no to be vilification of the present acting Chair, but the start of a process to push the Trust Board into some sort of appropriate planning over this and other matters. If you want more reasons, Sexton, I'll willingly provide them.
Good point, well made.

BUT the intention behind this thread is to turf Tagg out ASAP. Therefore, shouldn't this thread be ditched in favour of one titled 'Tagg Must Go Eventually So What Is Being Done Regarding Succession Planning?' or words to that effect?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The best way for a thread to "shut down" is to simply stop replying to it. Once it disappears from the front page it will usually die a death.

This may be a thread started (and maintained) by someone who, if I surmise correctly*, is someone with a personal grudge against Tagg that has nothing to do with his running of the club, and I for one am in agreement with you and most people on this thread, but there is no reason to close it, as it has broken no forum rules, and I personally am not one for shutting down free speech where it doesn't break any rules.

*There is no concrete evidence as yet for this, so count it as speculation on my part, but others have come to the same conclusion elsewhere in this thread.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
David no problem fully understand your point of view particularly the need to consider the matter of succession. Also note your reference “ought not to be a vilification of the present acting chair” so with that in mind perhaps the time has come for this thread to replaced by a new and more suitably titled thread.