• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg Must Go

Northern Red

Actually, that was why we were talking. I suspect that he will, for the short term. Nothing was inferred either way though.

I've a lot of time for Taggy. So much goes on that people do not realise. He doesn't always get it right, obviously, but he is, unreservedly, one of us. A supporter of Exeter City Football Club, and has it's best interests at heart. In that respect he's no different than you, I, Geoffwp, Credy, Malcs, Pete, Ramone (never thought you'd see those names linked ;) )
Tagg is No real fan like most of us.

Never see him standing on the big bank or sat in the away end,does he queue & buy tickets like us,Does he buy his burgers,programmes & merchandise No he spends nothing all freebies.

Only ever see him turn up at the bigger away matches which sums him up.

Tagg is paid well including expenses for someone who has admitted not being up to the job.

So it's clear taggy is far from being a real fan as you stated,Real fans put money into the club & also more so those who volunteer hours to the club are real fans.

Sooner Tagg leaves the better for the club to move forward.

Wake up trust board & take back control, Many won't put money into the trust while Tagg is there.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Never see him standing on the big bank or sat in the away end,does he queue & buy tickets like us,Does he buy his burgers,programmes & merchandise No he spends nothing all freebies.

Tagg is paid well including expenses for someone who has admitted not being up to the job.

So it's clear taggy is far from being a real fan as you stated,Real fans put money into the club & also more so those who volunteer hours to the club are real fans.

Wake up trust board & take back control, Many won't put money into the trust while Tagg is there.
1 Julian has probably done more for this club than any other person I can name.
2 Ive seen Julian standing and working on the BB when he could have been at home enjoying the sunshine in the closed season, Does any chairman of a club queue to buy tickets ?
3 He is probably at every away game just because you cant see him in a directors box doesn't mean he isn't there.
4 Here we go another rumour about all the money he earns while at the club .. Wasn't it quoted the other day at something like 45k a year ?
5 I would hate to think at how much he has put into the club not just in monetary terms either.
6 Who would take on such a job if he does leave ?
7 I don't put into the trust anymore and that's not because of Julian far from it.

Matt Russell

Bile, utter bile.
I never stand on the Big Bank. nor do I buy burgers etc.etc.
Never thought that made me "not a real fan" but you'll know best. Don't know how old you are, but grow up.

Rog H K

Absolute Codswallop. Tagg lives and breath's Exeter City 24/7. You'll find him at plenty of away games. He's a member of the Trust and puts money in the Trust. He was paying off baliffs after the Russell and Lewis fiasco to keep this Club of ours alive. Saved the Club tens of thousands during the CVA and Football Creditors debts and still saves the Club monies now. Volunteer! I think you should have a week in the life of Tagg and follow him around the Club, Training Ground, Businesses, FA/FL/Club Board/Trust Board/Grecian Group Meetings/Youth Meetings/FOTC Meetings the list is endless. Get rid of him you say? You would be very lucky to find anyone who would step into his working days at ECFC.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone else get the feeling this NR account is either a WUM or its actually someone at the club who is trying to gauge the reaction on here to such inane post's ?

Lets see if NR turns up on the next weekend when the place needs a lick of paint or a bit of a clearout of old junk ....... cos you can put money on it Julian will be there.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

“Wake up trust board & take back control, Many won't put money into the trust while Tagg is there”

Brilliant idea so Tagg goes and the Trust in your words “take back control”. So questions what do they do when they have control? Who do they have tucked away amongst the membership who will be able give the same level of commitment let alone have any experience of running a business like ECFC?

Not that I think this thread, if read by JT or anyone else on the Club Board, will really being taken seriously the simple truth is kick him out and you really would be throwing the baby out with bath water.

Northern Red

“Wake up trust board & take back control, Many won't put money into the trust while Tagg is there”

Brilliant idea so Tagg goes and the Trust in your words “take back control”. So questions what do they do when they have control? Who do they have tucked away amongst the membership who will be able give the same level of commitment let alone have any experience of running a business like ECFC?

Not that I think this thread, if read by JT or anyone else on the Club Board, will really being taken seriously the simple truth is kick him out and you really would be throwing the baby out with bath water.
So your saying Tagg is God & without him the club would sink ?

With Tagg = Local Village run club in lower leagues.

Without Tagg = Means the trust needs to step up & employ person/persons who are hungry to move the club away from a village club status & into the wider world outside Devon where the club can make money commercially & where people want to invest into the club.

How many fans are Fed up now of the small club attitude we keep hearing from those running our club.

Tea & Buiscuts anyone

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is everyone biting each time the troll casts his bait?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is everyone biting each time the troll casts his bait?
You mean the "idjit" who can't even spell biscuits Geoff ? :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I refer the previous 2 gentleman to post #57 of this thread ..............