• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg Must Go

Gordon Dale

Absolutely agree David. Effective succession planning supports and in effect denotes strong leadership.The Trust,as owner, has the ultimate responsibility to ensure that the club's directors implement such .......because without it ECFC will ultimately fail. If there are , as rumoured , a number of simultaneous key departures then the Trust is going to have to take decisive action expeditiously and at the same time seek to re-generate that key club-supporter spirit/relationship you , Ian Huxham and Denise Watts engendered .

Northern Red

I'd agree with the first six words of this sentence and possibly words 12 onwards as well. What is so disappointing is that there has been so little evidence of succession planning. It's almost inevitable that at some time (possibly in the not too distant future) either the acting Chair on the manger will depart, yet apart from a lot of hand wringing on both sides of the go/stay argument very little thought seems to have been given to "what now". In my view this is the responsibility of the Trust Board who (notionally - but don't start me) have the power to insist on planning for the future. It's evident from the experience with a previous incumbent of the chairmanship that like many of the decisions that are being taken around the club there is no plan B, yet alone plans C & D.

As a "rose tinter" over Club ownership I'd have to admit that Trust ownership hasn't quite worked out in some of the ways that might have been expected - but that's the nature of experiments - nonetheless as a pattern for pushing forward its a good one - if the Trust Board were able to lay out a plan for even the next five years it would overcome the feeling that decisions are being made in an incoherent way about certain areas of Club development it would help stabilise events and give a sense of purpose and direction which in many places isn't happening at the moment. I'm not talking about a plan like the ill fated V10 & V20 but an outline of objectives to overcome the sense of inertia that permeates part of the organisation at the moment.
The trust is a joke now, they are weak & clueless about planning for the future.

You ask fans who the trust chairman is & most fans wouldn't have a clue, I wouldn't know him if he sat next to me, We are a trust run club apparently.

I think the trust need to step up big time or put the club up for sale.

Just reading on the fans FB page Tagg Out & no surprises his circle of mates are in defending him as the saviour & kingpin of the club.

Big changes are long overdue now

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I think the trust need to step up big time or put the club up for sale.
Q ? Are the Trust allowed to sell their share of the club to 1 person ?

And if so what is their share of the club actually worth ?

As ive said before I don't want to be some guys plaything he can offload when results don't go his way , John Fry at Yeovil is a prime example that when they got relegated in 2015 ? he wanted out asap.

Gordon Dale

On the subject of decisiveness and succession planning the Trust should immediately instruct the club Board to begin the steps to advertise for a new manager.

PT's indecision is crippling his mindset and causing dissension amongst supporters.

In the final analysis the latter are absolutely 'key' to the future .... NOT certain individuals who are temporary custodians.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
FFS. TISDALE IS STILL UNDER FEKKIN CONTRACT. He can still be manager if he wants, without signing anything, up until whenever sometime in November. He doesn't have to say anything to anybody.

geoffwp

And hopefully he will stay with us after that time. If he does, the grinding of teeth and the screaming of indignation on exeweb will put any self respecting asylum to shame. I'll donate the jar for all the tooth grounds.

Alistair20000

And hopefully he will stay with us after that time. If he does, the grinding of teeth and the screaming of indignation on exeweb will put any self respecting asylum to shame. I'll donate the jar for all the tooth grounds.
How long would you like to see The Cheeseassic era endure Geoffers and are there any circumstances in which you would give him the elbow ?

Just interested like.

LOG

Q ? Are the Trust allowed to sell their share of the club to 1 person ?

And if so what is their share of the club actually worth ?
The outstanding loan has a definite value but otherwise ownership or a portion of it would be very difficult to value, IMHO. The club has no real assets but any sensible offer would need to be put to a vote of the Trust membership whether for all or for a share of the their holdings.

Red Bill

FFS. TISDALE IS STILL UNDER FEKKIN CONTRACT. He can still be manager if he wants, without signing anything, up until whenever sometime in November. He doesn't have to say anything to anybody.
Of course you're right Geoff, he is still under contract and could stay on as manager until November, but i think he'd be a very silly boy to deliberately try to mess us around vindictively. We could alway force him to honour his contract and refuse to let him sign a contract with another club until November, at which point there'll be many times more people applying for the City job than there will be managerless clubs. Would you take that chance?

Last edited:

LOG

IIRC, he said in either the Mail or Times interview that if he wasn't going to stay then he would go now and not hang around until November.