• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg: “Regretfully, Paul has decided not to sign.”

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you sure there would be that many players 'streaming to Bucks' EX4 ?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you sure there would be that many players 'streaming to Bucks' EX4 ?
The way I look at it, if Tis goes there and wants to sign a City player, that is pretty much a guarantee of a first team place. If a player wants to better himself, but feels familiar with L2 football, joining a team installed as favourites for the title (without even having a manager at present) looks a safe bet. Chuck in enhanced wages and players‘ heads can be turned.
I have a tendency to be glass half full, when it comes to City, mind. After all this time supporting them, I can call it realism. :)

Luckily, I think that Tisdale thinks enough of his abilities to have a sabatical from football. With his knack for self-promotion, he might even make it work for him.

jimbo-gould

Interesting to see that no players (that I've seen anyway) have put anything on social media thanking Tisdale.

ExeterCityLad

Interesting to see that no players (that I've seen anyway) have put anything on social media thanking Tisdale.
Probably because most don't like him. Can hardly blame them.

IndoMike

To be fair to Tisdale, have to remind people that Moxey, Jones, Seaborne, Harley, Matt Taylor and Stockley all came back to work with Tisdale again, so perhaps he was not so terrible.

Colesman Ballz

I think that when the team selection was announced for Wembley, virtually every City fans "heart sank", irrespective of their position on Paul Tisdale. I am sure that a good many of the players would have thought exactly the same. That is not to suggest that any went out and gave less than 100% on the pitch, but it must have had a psychological effect on them.

grecIAN Harris

To be fair to Tisdale, have to remind people that Moxey, Jones, Seaborne, Harley, Matt Taylor and Stockley all came back to work with Tisdale again, so perhaps he was not so terrible.
You could also add George Friend to that list who returned on loan after he left us.

Andy Holloway

I think that when the team selection was announced for Wembley, virtually every City fans "heart sank", irrespective of their position on Paul Tisdale. I am sure that a good many of the players would have thought exactly the same. That is not to suggest that any went out and gave less than 100% on the pitch, but it must have had a psychological effect on them.
Possibly not the ones on the team sheet though!

Boyo

Possibly not the ones on the team sheet though!
Deano is bright enough to know he's more effective as a full back. Woodman would probably have wanted someone with more pace and attacking intent ahead of him. Stockley would have hated been up front alone. James would have disliked coming on as a winger. Edwards would have been frustrated at not coming on earlier. etc etc.

Andy Holloway

Deano is bright enough to know he's more effective as a full back. Woodman would probably have wanted someone with more pace and attacking intent ahead of him. Stockley would have hated been up front alone. James would have disliked coming on as a winger. Edwards would have been frustrated at not coming on earlier. etc etc.
They're professional footballers who contrary to popular opinion don't go off in a paddy because that 'horrible man' won't let me play where i want to play!!!

They'll probably have know since Weds/Thurs what positions they were gonig to be asked to play, not at 1400/2pm!