• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

T.V. adverts you can't stand

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
All of the adverts mentioned have done their job. They have got noticed.

For me it is the one with Jedward. I couldn't even tell you what its for so that hasn't done a job.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Confused.com - drives me nuts, how can a cartoon singing Somebody to Love and Chain Reaction rather annoying encourage people to use a price comparison website? I have to stick the telly on mute whenever they appear as it makes my ears bleed....AAAAARRRRGGGHHH

Even Go Compare is more tolerable than that offal......

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member

DJH2005

Confused.com - drives me nuts, how can a cartoon singing Somebody to Love and Chain Reaction rather annoying encourage people to use a price comparison website?
Never mind that, why does she pull objects out of her wizards sleeve?

:S.com

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I very very rarely watch tv. Maybe 2 or 3 hours a week. If that. And an incredibly small percentage of that time is commercial channels. That said, this post should have carried a public health warning ...

les.gtfc

All these bloody sofa adverts who tell us that the sale ends on Sunday only for it to be "specially extended" the following week.

Is there anyone out there who has actually paid FULL PRICE for a sofa from DFS, SCS etc.

ecfc2000

All of them. As soon as adverts come on I immediatly switch over.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Chip another one in for Go Bloody Compare. That's an insta-mute.

Thing is, I already used their site before as I did all the price comparison sites - if you just use one you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:
All of the adverts mentioned have done their job. They have got noticed.
Yeah but it doesn't work, when I was looking for car insurance I made a clear decision not to use gocompare or confused.com because the adverts are so terrible. I'll also never use 118 for similar reasons.

Jam Doughnut

Adverts = channel surfing time.