• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

T.V. adverts you can't stand

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Too many to even begin to list....but top of the pile (or bottom of the barrel) are Omaze, Verisure Alarms and Cinch. :mad:

DB9

Any Sky Glass advert.

Banksy

Any Sky Glass advert.
It’s funny you should say that.We’ve got Sky Glass which needless to say isn’t so straightforward and easy to use as they make out.The one that really annoys me is the stupid ( perhaps not so stupid in view of what he’s probably paid to do it), kid who thinks the old fart is a magician or somesuch because he’s got a long white beard.
Funny how the kid can just say something into the remote like ‘Chelsea , Liverpool ‘ and miraculously it appears on the screen.When we do it , it says ‘sorry I don’t understand that’ even though it’s printed on the screen exactly what’s been said.Not a patch on the Sky Q boxes and more fiddly to use.

Tim Long

It’s funny you should say that.We’ve got Sky Glass which needless to say isn’t so straightforward and easy to use as they make out.The one that really annoys me is the stupid ( perhaps not so stupid in view of what he’s probably paid to do it), kid who thinks the old fart is a magician or somesuch because he’s got a long white beard.
Funny how the kid can just say something into the remote like ‘Chelsea , Liverpool ‘ and miraculously it appears on the screen.When we do it , it says ‘sorry I don’t understand that’ even though it’s printed on the screen exactly what’s been said.Not a patch on the Sky Q boxes and more fiddly to use.
But it would probably record Made in Chelsea. I remember in the early days of TiVo a woman who put down two of her interests as 'teaching' (she was a teacher) and 'wine'. The box then randomly recorded a new drama. The woman wondered why until she discovered one of the main characters was a teacher with a drink problem...
Back on topic, it's obvious in the Sky Glass ads that the dog is the brains of the family.

Tim Long

You do realise that it only works if you've got a wand and are wearing a wizard's hat, don't you ?

Banksy

You do realise that it only works if you've got a wand and are wearing a wizard's hat, don't you ?
Or if you’re Harry Potter.

DB9

Adverts and Sponsorship on ITV3, Not that it reminds me of me getting old but the fact those in adverts/Sponsor programmes on ITV3 are so bloody young, Seeing them smiling and laughing as they get their mobile scooter or walk in bath etc is carp, Most are in their 40's and obviously have no need for them.

Banksy

P.s Anyone thinking of changing to Sky Glass , my advice is don’t. ( Not unless you have that awful kid sitting at the end of your sofa with his magic wand and hat.)
No , on further reflection just don’t bother.

Banksy

Any ads that mention Hyaluronic acid .

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The David Seaman windows advert ! David NO.