• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sydney Derby

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasn't sure where to put this so have stuck it on here. It's the Sydney Derby tonight. Judging by some of the people on my train (I'm not going, commuting home from work) they have definitely watched too much Green Street :unsure:

OmanGrecian

Have you been to any of the games since you moved there?

I'm looking to go to Napoli v Inter this coming Thursday in the Coppa Italia semi final. Tickets really cheap at 14 Euro.

Avening Posse

I haven't Oman, I can't seem to talk anyone into going, even Brits who follow their UK teams as close as I do. I've been to a lot of cricket and Oz rules football, both of which are great days out, but it's just not the same. My brother in law, a Kidderminster fan, has made some noises recently about going to see western Sydney wanderers so maybe I will be going soon

Avening Posse

Finally off to the Sydney Derby tomorrow, it’s taken me 5 years to get around to it !

fred binneys head

Which teams play in the Sydney derby, AP? Is there a difference between the clubs? Ie one rich, one poor, one catholic, one protestant, etc?

Avening Posse

Western Sydney Wanderers. They are the less well supported and have a strong multicultural following, and that’s the team I take an interest in as live in Southwest Sydney. Western Sydney is the poorer part of Sydney both historically and now. Sydney FC are the rich cousins, they have more support, win things and have a predominantly white fan base (but not all). A bit like St Pauli playing Arsenal I suppose in terms of finances and support.

elginCity

Nice one AP, it's a given you'd be supporting the Reds in the west !

Avening Posse

Nice one AP, it's a given you'd be supporting the Reds in the west !
Yep handy they are the Red (and black) team. Purely down to geography for me though, but I’ve always liked the underdog !

Avening Posse

I will stick up some atmos pics tomorrow if i remember to take them

CityTillIDie

Enjoy the game