• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jones was a good shot stopper but shocking on crosses and also never seemed to deal well with looping balls

Grecian Max

...which sounds like some kind of medical condition

elginCity

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was never a fan of Jones. I know he had some good games for us and got POTY one season but to me he seemed a bit cumbersome, poor distribution, and always appeared like he'd just woken up after 6 months of hibernation.

Colesman Ballz

Jones debut, was coming on as sub, when our keeper got red carded, and saving the resulting penalty. He of course will forever be in the record books for saving the first penalty at the new Wembley. Kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford and lots more.

But what has all this $hite got to do with the match at Swindon ? We have the Memories Forum now ?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
......So living in or around Swindon do you ever watch them or is your allegiance solely Exeter City
I have watched them occasionally when pressured by my former boss, however, my allegiance is totally ECFC.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have watched them occasionally when pressured by my former boss, however, my allegiance is totally ECFC.
Once a Grecian always a Grecian ! UTC

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have watched them occasionally when pressured by my former boss,.
Abuse in the workplace

Jones was decent keeper when he left us, went to Peterborough and became first choice for them, and made 92 appearances for Crawley in 2 seasons, doesn't sound like 'they couldn't wait to move him on', he went on to a bigger club after them in Portsmouth.

No doubt his agent has earned his money with some of the moves he got in recent years, but he obviously had something about him to get a contract from all these decent clubs.

Believe me, they did! My mates were chuffed when they signed him at Crawley but like us, he was soon found out and hanging on for ages. They wondered why he still got being picked. I think I remember his last at SJP or one of his last possibly against Brentford for City when we lost 4-1. As a goalkeeper myself, he was truly dreadful! My mates at Crawley were howling out for a new replacement and now they've got Glenn Morris, possibly the best keeper in League 2.

PeteUSA

But what has all this $hite got to do with the match at Swindon ? We have the Memories Forum now ?
Somebody started moaning about our keepers!