• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
What's the average away attendance at Swindon? More than a thousand? And you're a "big club" , even though you're in Div 2 🙄
You also omit to state that in addition to our little away end we have the biggest standing terrace in the football league:which is the envy of many.
Many? What do you mean many? I think every club in the country wishes they had their own Big Bank (appropriate to the size of their ground). Could you imagine the noise if you could put The Kop or The Stretford End back to safer versions of their former selves?

grecIAN Harris

In league 2 excluding yourselves and Plymouth 400-500
In league one it would be more than double that.
My reference to your away end is Swindon wanted more tickets and that was at the start of the season so imagine if we played you now.
Not sure where you stand regarding your terrace behind the goal in league one although I think Burton have one so you may be ok.
If memory serves League One is fine. The Championship you have the first season but after that it has to go all seater. It will be a dark day The Big Bank goes all seater.

STFC since 1879

Many? What do you mean many? I think every club in the country wishes they had their own Big Bank (appropriate to the size of their ground). Could you imagine the noise if you could put The Kop or The Stretford End back to safer versions of their former selves?
Good point but in fairness to your fellow Grecian I get what he was saying

The Arkells was opened around 1970 and you're right the stand plus the ground in general needs upgrading but until now we've had our hands tied due to the council owning the stadium etc. We've tried many times to move away but each time the council wouldn't give permission to allow for a new ground knowing that they make a mint through extortionate rent etc.
You do have a nice little stadium and just a shame the away end is too small which could hold you back if you get into league one or have aspirations to eventually get into the championship

Thanks for taking time to explain! So your away end's the same as ours, then? It wasn't big enough to put us all behind the goal yesterday which I reckon is what you do when 38 Morecambe are in town for example, but you gave us half the stadium on the side as well for the 2000 of us. That's what we do for away fans. I remember we fitted you in pretty easily before Christmas.

You sold the stadium out with 11000 of you, a few thousand more than us when the Green and White Sh@te are in town, so that's why I'm surprised you give the impression you are a much bigger club we are. Achievement wise, I would have to agree with you that you are.

IndoMike

In league 2 excluding yourselves and Plymouth 400-500
In league one it would be more than double that.
My reference to your away end is Swindon wanted more tickets and that was at the start of the season so imagine if we played you now.
Not sure where you stand regarding your terrace behind the goal in league one although I think Burton have one so you may be ok.
So our away end plus added grandstand tickets (when necessary) for away fans would be more than enough for nearly every match in Div 2 and Div 1.
We're fine with our standing terrace if in Div 1. Didn't you notice it?
Also please remember that Swindon is much closer for away fans than is Exeter .Theoretically you should attract more away fans.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Don't be so pedantic, Harris.

STFC since 1879

So our away end plus added grandstand tickets (when necessary) for away fans would be more than enough for nearly every match in Div 2 and Div 1.
Not so sure away end would be big enough in league one, Pompey, Sunderland, Rovers, Coventry, Swindon, Plymouth and a few others.
I can't say I noticed it

grecIAN Harris

Not so sure away end would be big enough in league one, Pompey, Sunderland, Rovers, Coventry, Swindon, Plymouth and a few others.
I can't say I noticed it
With the exception of Sunderland we've had all them down in recent seasons. Bare in mind it wasn't too long back when we had both Sheffield sides, Leeds, Southampton and Norwich down, all pre redevelopment, in the same season. Not to mention Rovers and Charlton.

IndoMike

I can't say I noticed it
Have you been to SJP recently? I can't believe that you didn't notice our "Big Bank". Most visiting fans comment on it very positively.
When we were in Div 1 we also had Leeds, Sheff Wednesday and Huddersfield at the Park.

elginCity

Stop peacocking, it’s embarrassing.

The man has made a fair point regarding the limitation of the AWAY capacity, and the opportunity to capitalise fully, should we aspire to climb the pyramid.