• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Supporters Trust Fans Forum - Thursday 27 July

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Archie's deal is structured and we are still waiting to hear from Chelsea about the structure of Amp's deal.
Not surprised the Archie deal is being paid in instalments. I remember MacAntony saying on his podcast that pretty much all of his deals are done in this way.

SaintJames

Not surprised the Archie deal is being paid in instalments. I remember MacAntony saying on his podcast that pretty much all of his deals are done in this way.
Pretty much the case I believe across most deals. If a club is in financial dire straights and needs more/all upfront they would expect to receive a lower transfer fee overall I would expect

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does this mean we are still getting money for Joel Randall??

hillview red

Reassuring I have to say. Gary is making massive personal sacrifices with his wife and children only being seen now and then. He is working really hard and is clearly committed to our club. Anyone who isn't reassured by Gary as our Manager will never be won over arguably
Agreed. GC always comes across really well. The detailed tactical presentation was incredibly well done. He was articulate and honest particularly regarding George Friend. Top stuff.

I suppose the question that remains is around persuading players. It's important to convince fans but critical when it comes to convincing players to enable recruitment, retention and performance.

It would be great to hear player noise in terms of how good GC is... "He has improved my game so much"... "He has improved my tactical awareness"... "He's such a inspirational manager" etc. Players signing contract extensions would also help create a buzz.

I imagine players talk to each other (alot!) and are a key part of recruitment - "get yourself down here... something special is happening... the manager's so good"

Hope that GC can make a George Friend style-signing - a seasoned professional who has lots of connections. I can't help but think that alot of Tisdale's recruitment was helped by someone like Rob Edwards convincing former teammates or connections.

i8cornwall

Jeremy Tipper. New CEO. Very successful according to The Chairman and we are now in a position financially to appoint a CEO and a Chief Financial Officer as well. A quick google search of salary for CFO says a mid range of £140000.….. this is a serious financial investment for the Club on the none playing front. I wonder when the first five year plan will be along?!
For those interested in Mr Tipper’s background I suggest you have a read about Bright Network and data analytics. He is an advisor to this company.
Jobs for the boys...

denzil

IMHO G.C. got off lightly at the F F last night !! In the resume he did on the games at home to Barnsley and away at Sheff Wed. he showed what we prepared for in both games and the ONLY player he mentioned, who is still with us, is Harry Kite ("Kitey"). The others have all gone.............

denzel

IMHO G.C. got off lightly at the F F last night !! In the resume he did on the games at home to Barnsley and away at Sheff Wed. he showed what we prepared for in both games and the ONLY player he mentioned, who is still with us, is Harry Kite ("Kitey"). The others have all gone.............
Well he definitely mentioned Sam

Bridgy 81

That’s not really accurate.
Although we know for a variety of reasons there’s been a big turnover of players this summer, he also mentioned how Mitchell was deployed differently at wingback and how Sam was used intentionally off the bench against Barnsley.
Also, in the training videos he showed how our central defensive setup varied between the two games (all of whom are still with us, with the exception of Grounds).

Pete F

Thank you to everyone who attended last night in person or online and who asked a question . As said, we are looking to do a Fans Forum in September for fans to meet the new players and one in October for fans to meet the new CEO Jeremy Tipper. Once dates are agreed ( which hopefully will be soon ) I'll let you know .

Rosencrantz

The tactical insight wasn't there to big up the players playing at that time anyway, just a demonstration of what we do to prepare for each match no matter who is playing.

To add to the others he also mentioned James Scott 😉