• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Superbowl XLIX

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's that time of year again. Stock up on the nachos and the Bud, and stay up to 4am. The New England Patriots v the defending champs, the Seattle Seahawks.

I am still reeling over the Packers appalling collapse in the NFC Championship game (the semI-final equivalent) where they managed the football equivalent of 2 own goals in the last 4 minutes to force extra time and then conceded a golden goal in the first minute to lose. For that reason I shall have to hold my nose and support the Pats on Sunday.

rp42

Sorry,but cannot see what the fuss is about with this 4 qtrs of 15mins that last nearly 4 hoursl-) but if you like it good on you(y)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to be the Pats by a two touchdown spread I reckon. Seahawks too erratic and can't see the Pats falling to pieces like the Pack did, they're too controlled. Looking forward to it, although it's doubtful I'll make the final whistle.

Number13

Seahawks but it'll be low scoring and attritional. Neither side has decent receivers, both can run, both can defend. Could come down to kickers?

angelic upstart

Seahawks for me too, Marshawn Lynch will be the difference. Tom Brady will bottle it.

First born just been squeezed out and means I'm still on paternity. So I'll be getting in the buffalo wings in en masse. Shame it was a season too far for Peyton Manning but rest assured the Broncos will be back next season.

PeteUSA

Sorry,but cannot see what the fuss is about with this 4 qtrs of 15mins that last nearly 4 hoursl-) but if you like it good on you(y)
.....and if you dont like it, why bother to post anyway?

Antony Moxey

Pete, you going or are the tickets too expensive (genuine question)?

PeteUSA

Pete, you going or are the tickets too expensive (genuine question)?
No, at $4000+ per ticket, which is what the vendors like Ticketmaster are charging for any remaining tickets, not a chance. I only live a stones throw from the stadium too. I think my son in law, who lives near me has one or two irons in the fire for something cheaper (for himself) but we'll see.

On a side note I'm sickened that the Patriots are getting away with the ball deflation fiasco; they have a record for cheating in various ways in the past, and I'm sure they're getting away with it again. The team they beat to get to the final should be reinstated, and they should be chucked out, as they probably would anywhere else in the world, and certainly the UK. Trouble is money talks, and nobody has got the balls to set about any form of proper inquiry, since they've never had this kind of situation before. Its like telling that Sharipova bird to stop deliberately screaming every time she hits the f****** ball; they dont know where to begin in cutting it out.

Number13

What I didnt understand with Deflate-gate is that after each play, they throw the balls to the umpires / judges. If the balls condition, likie in cricket when the umpires get it, was altered sufficiently to change its usefulness, they should have known and stopped it?

angelic upstart

On a side note I'm sickened that the Patriots are getting away with the ball deflation fiasco; they have a record for cheating in various ways in the past, and I'm sure they're getting away with it again. The team they beat to get to the final should be reinstated, and they should be chucked out, as they probably would anywhere else in the world, and certainly the UK. Trouble is money talks, and nobody has got the balls to set about any form of proper inquiry, since they've never had this kind of situation before. Its like telling that Sharipova bird to stop deliberately screaming every time she hits the f****** ball; they dont know where to begin in cutting it out.
Top post Pete, all completely true.