• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we need to cover Smith? Will we miss the contribution he made? Just go with what we've got. We have five players who can play in forward positions.
We have five centre backs and look what has happened there, there is nothing wrong with the extra cover.
As an aside there is the separate issue of Coley. What is the point of his loan to Harrogate, if he is just a unused bench filler, how is that helping his development ? Should we be recalling him and giving our new manager the chance to assess him ?

tom_ecfc

We have five centre backs and look what has happened there, there is nothing wrong with the extra cover.
As an aside there is the separate issue of Coley. What is the point of his loan to Harrogate, if he is just a unused bench filler, how is that helping his development ? Should we be recalling him and giving our new manager the chance to assess him ?
I’m sure the new manager is well aware (although at a far) what the main attributes a player has. He may decide Coley, maybe in a different position, could make an impact or maybe happy with him staying out on loan. He will also have his transfer targets for Jan in the pipeline and would have discussed this at the interview stage.

Bridgy 81

I thought Josh Coley looked ok when I saw him a couple of times in pre-season friendlies earlier this year.
He played up front and central on those occasions and showed good energy but still seemed a little raw.
I think when we signed Stanno and Smith Josh’s loan (and contract extension) made sense to me as his game time for us was going to be very limited.
Unfortunately he hasn’t been used much either in a badly struggling Harrogate team.
I don’t think he’s likely to get many opportunities with us in the short term though and maybe Sonny is also in front of him now.
Perhaps recall him early in January (if we have that option and) if he still isn’t getting games, let the Manager see him train and then decide whether he stays with us for the second half of the season or goes on loan elsewhere.

denzel

Nombe was limping at the end yesterday, we could do with some cover in case the worst happens. At least we are out of the Pizza Cup so fixture congestion eases after this week

STURTZ

Didn't seem to be limping in the Guildhall.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course we need cover. Take Nombe out of the side and you will see how lightweight our attack is. Nombe hassles and occupies, we have no one else to take that role
Stansfield does exactly the same

SaintJames

Stansfield does exactly the same
Stansfield and Nombe are not in any way, shape or form the same type of striker

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stansfield and Nombe are not in any way, shape or form the same type of striker
They both work their sock off harrying defenders

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought it was Autumn?? :unsure:
I don't think anyones paying attention!

SaintJames

They both work their sock off harrying defenders
They do but that is but a small part of their respective and very different roles. Bit like comparing Flacky and Curo