• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Take this information with a pinch of salt it’s just what I’ve been told.

“It looks like you guys won’t be signing anyone. Haven’t heard anything, a lot of logistics have let you guys down this window. Don’t expect anything unless things change very very late on to the point in maybe too late to complete paperwork. Good luck however“.

let’s hope he is wrong…
This aged badly

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harry Smith?

sign of the chimes

With respect you haven’t seen Jay play week in week out in 2022, the Market hasn’t scuppered a move upwards for him; his below par performances have. I agree with Ian in that the formation hasn’t helped him but if anything that would have proven to scouts that without building the team around a niche role he isn’t flexible enough to move on.
Wholly accept that those who've watched him regularly will be better placed to judge the extent to which his performances this year have been off-the-boil.

Ian's point on systems is what prompted me to respond though. If scouts were looking at Harness' performances within the system that Jackett played and the later one employed by Cowley they'd have seen in the first instance a winger who didn't track back; and in the second a decent but not outstanding L1 wide man. A fair section of our more learned support had said he'd be better suited as one of two number tens in an attacking unit and Ipswich clearly scouted on what he'd bring to that role.

Genuine question - are Jay's 2022 performances more about his shortcomings or is he being asked to perform a different role/focus on different parts of his game?

MagicMushroom

This aged badly
Message sent from a friend of a friend… won’t be trusting him again. 😂

Cowshed Grecian

We’ve resigned Colin Daniel?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Already given up, sure the recruitment staff are all back at home on their iPads
Choosing memes for announcements, I knew it 😂😎

Red Devon

Incoming

Grecianpasty

If its Jay Stansfield I'm going to be so happy.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harry Smith from Leyton Orient. Wtf

Red Devon

Harry Smith