• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Smithyno6

What’s to say MT gets frustrated at how we can’t sign better players to make his squad better and gets offered another team up country which can support transfers better. Then we’re a thin squad, no depth with teams looking at our manager.

Probably get shut down for saying it but it is something which could happen. I just feel if we were to sign anyone then they would of been here by now seeing as were right down in the South West.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t say that too loudly a lot of our fans seem to think Bob the builder will take over and fleece the club and we will end up non league again...it’s something that surely needs to be looked at. Increasing size city, increasing gates…great academy model. Successful club with the potential to build further…has to be a good investment for someone.
😆 🤣 😆

See, we have no assets to strip. That'll be one reason why not.

No land to sell, no assets to fleece.

Any change in ownership would have to be to a truly altruistic new owner.

Good luck with that.

There's a bucket full of reasons why we haven't yet been a Championship club in our near 120 year history, but it's ok, The Trust is holding us back. 🤣😆🤣

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t say that too loudly a lot of our fans seem to think Bob the builder will take over and fleece the club and we will end up non league again...it’s something that surely needs to be looked at. Increasing size city, increasing gates…great academy model. Successful club with the potential to build further…has to be a good investment for someone.
Any investor would need to build a new stadium, spend millions establishing us as a low end championship team before we become an attractive investment.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It could be bigger with the Trust ownership model, but it has to grow organically, better performances, more bums on seats, more sponsorship revenue, more money from player sales and so on.

I’d personally much rather we try to do that than play boom or bust millionaires toy like so many other clubs.
I think the subject of ownership is worthy of discussion elsewhere but yes ideally grow organically.

Increase Trust membership to 6,000 and we will be looking at a very different picture.

The trouble is in the meantime we need to a playing squad strong enough and performing well enough to maintain gates of around 6,000 and keep us in this league.

Failure on the pitch and notwithstanding the increased number of ST holders and we will quickly be looking at gates more in the region of 4,000 and if we find ourselves back in league two then we will have lost a golden opportunity to have put the Club on stronger footing.

andrew p long

If City are interested in a 35 year old veteran on a pay per play deal then get in touch - I’d touch the ball more than Seymour 😅

I agree that Dieng doesn’t have to prove anything at this level, and is a good squad player for us now but was definitely one that I felt needed moving from the starting 11 if we’re to do alright in this league, purely down to ground to covered. I think MT wants more running in the middle this year.
Looks like we may have to take up this offer.....

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Compare the club today to the club in 2012...

Grecian Max

Yes it does. They offer more money for players because they have more. Argyle through investment and 5k more bums on seats every game. A decent prawn sandwich brigade for the first time ever, the taverners chucking money about left right and centre and bringing in loads for the club. The council mostly being inside for them.

Rovers' owner spunks a fortune every year and they managed to finish one place above us last year.

That's why we can't afford those players.
No it doesn’t - we have the budget for 3x players and aren’t signing anyone. We could have got one of those in at the same level money wise.

Grecian Max

Compare the club today to the club in 2012...
Why? Last time we got relegated from League 1? Suppose that’s relevant 😂

Cowshed Grecian

😆 🤣 😆

See, we have no assets to strip. That'll be one reason why not.

No land to sell, no assets to fleece.

Any change in ownership would have to be to a truly altruistic new owner.

Good luck with that.

There's a bucket full of reasons why we haven't yet been a Championship club in our near 120 year history, but it's ok, The Trust is holding us back. 🤣😆🤣
No assets to fleece haven’t we just spent £3m on a training complex? I’m not saying the trust is holding us back, I’m allowed to question if it’s holding us moving forward though. If I’m not wrong it was 20 years the trust was set up to save the club, at that time none of us decided it would be the operational model forever did they?

Grecian Max

Looks like we may have to take up this offer.....
Good job I went for a run today 😎