• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

ExmouthMart

Has anyone got actual confirmation, other than Exeweb speculation, on which players we have missed out on?
It’s obvious this would happen after the training ground overspend…….. 😬

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hilarious…… A Club our size?!……. We can not match the wages other Clubs offer without gambling with our future. Expectations are ridiculously high. We can’t spend what we haven’t got.
You might want to actually read mate.

A club our size = small fish, hence im saying go for L2 players that are decent (which we have a history of acquiring) rather than going for big money players we’re never going to afford.

Made yourself look like a mug 😂

tavyred

January a notoriously difficult window to operate in....
I believe Cheltenham pulled it off last season, struggled up and until Xmas but got a few players in January and stayed up.
We may of course be in a relatively good position in January.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The perverse part of me was quite happy we didn’t sign anyone today as it makes tomorrow all or nothing! It has the potential to be really good, or really shit. Either way, there will be plenty of talking points!

For once, I’d love us to pull a proper last minute signing out of the hat at 22:59. Very unlikely, but it’d be great.

ExmouthMart

You might want to actually read mate.

A club our size = small fish, hence im saying go for L2 players that are decent (which we have a history of acquiring) rather than going for big money players we’re never going to afford.

Made yourself look like a mug 😂
My mistake obviously….. I thought you meant sign similar players to those three. I think Nombe was an undisclosed fee on a three? year contract. We obviously can’t offer similar terms now or we would have similar players on board already. Instead we offered a contract to Grounds. The more typical City signing. Reliable old pro who is good squad man. We can’t even sign decent League Two players and why would we do that anyway?! We are already ‘ lumbered’ with Jay and Dieng who have been identified already as nowhere near good enough. We don’t look down anymore but look upwards we only sign players that are better than we already have don’t you know……

grecIAN Harris

My mistake obviously….. I thought you meant sign similar players to those three. I think Nombe was an undisclosed fee on a three? year contract. We obviously can’t offer similar terms now or we would have similar players on board already. Instead we offered a contract to Grounds. The more typical City signing. Reliable old pro who is good squad man. We can’t even sign decent League Two players and why would we do that anyway?! We are already ‘ lumbered’ with Jay and Dieng who have been identified already as nowhere near good enough. We don’t look down anymore but look upwards we only sign players that are better than we already have don’t you know……
Identified by who? Manager Max???😝

ExmouthMart

Identified by the ’experts’ on here who sadly lack your knowledge and insight as an ex player.

grecIAN Harris

Identified by the ’experts’ on here who sadly lack your knowledge and insight as an ex player.
To be fair I'm in Turkey at the moment and haven't seen anything since the Wycombe game. It's reasonable to say Tim has had a quiet start to the season but to write him off as not good enough is nonsense. As for Jay, I've had my say on his own thread, short as to say he is playing second fiddle to Jevani and will need a run of games to get him up to speed. The only way he is going to get that is Jevani's absence.

Grecian Max

If Jay and Dieng are in the starting 11 in Feb, let's bring this back up :cool:

Dieng doesn't have the engine for this level, 90 minutes at least. Will do a job off the bench within a month which is fine.

MJ... well. A long road back to being useful and if he can only play in a niche position, is he really a League 1 player??

grecIAN Harris

If Jay and Dieng are in the starting 11 in Feb, let's bring this back up :cool:

Dieng doesn't have the engine for this level, 90 minutes at least. Will do a job off the bench within a month which is fine.

MJ... well. A long road back to being useful and if he can only play in a niche position, is he really a League 1 player??
We know what MJ is. He's always been a niche player but did a job for us in midfield last season. Can he cut it in League 1 in his correct position? Who knows until he gets his opportunity but there were more than on here who thought he could previously.