• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

burtiew

No one’s even mentioned Ben Seymour!!!
Thank God for that!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
P.s Trouble is too , we just don’t know what sort of ‘quality ‘ the Premiershite will graciously allow us to have. Rather than Matt’s original targeted players each having their own particular skills we’ll be at the whim of what these clubs deign to release to us especially as clubs further up the food chain have had their pick. Because you can bet your bottom dollar the best will be snapped up early. We might be lucky though , who knows.
Fingers crossed we can keep Nombe going for sixty minutes each game in the meantime.

burtiew

Apparently Man Utd are looking to loan out Charlie Savage (Robbie's son) to a League 1 club for the season. Not a striker, but could he do a job for us?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently Man Utd are looking to loan out Charlie Savage (Robbie's son) to a League 1 club for the season. Not a striker, but could he do a job for us?
Where does he play and why would we want to sign him if he plays in a position we don't need to fill?

grecIAN Harris

Where does he play and why would we want to sign him if he plays in a position we don't need to fill?
Midfield I believe.

DawlishBouy

According to transfmarkt he’s a defensive midfielder.
First choice player in Manure’s u-23 PL2 team last season.
Made a brief appearance in their last Euro Champions League group match and was an unused sub in their last PL game of the season.
Played all 3 games for their u-21’s in the pizza trophy and is a regular for Wales under 19’s.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's got to be someone out there who wants a shot a league 1 football.

I wouldn't say no to offering Rowe a contract again. Squad depth and utility and probably cheap.
Again, MT looked at him for a whole season and decided he wasn't what we needed to take us forward. I'd rather take a punt on someone we hadn't looked at so closely.

Bridgy 81

I realize I’m just rehashing here what others, including me probably, have already said numerous times before but I don’t recall a previous summer when it’s been so difficult to sign the type of players we want.
I appreciate we’re looking this year in particular for a certain player profile and I know we struggle to compete financially with most at our level (and many below!) and I also know we have the added potentially complicating issue of needing to persuade some possible recruits to head west, but surely balanced against those factors we have others which are equally in our favour?
We’re a team with recent (promotion) success, we have essentially retained a settled and seemingly united squad to which we’re just looking to add some quality, we have a reputation for playing good football, our Manager appears to be well thought of (current League 2 Manager of the season) and we have an almost unparalleled recent history of giving younger players a chance and improving them.
Surely by now most Championship and Premiership clubs must have settled on who they want in their first team squads and with both league’s seasons underway I thought they had to identify and submit a group of 25 or so players and stick to them until January.
Now we’re being told the higher clubs are probably keeping some people back to play in this coming week’s Carabao Cup fixtures.
I’m trying not to let it, but this odd and frustrating situation is overshadowing the first part of the season for me a little when I’d rather be fully concentrating on and looking forward to our early skirmishes in League One and not wincing every time one of our players looks potentially injured.
I don’t hold anyone at the club responsible for the above and imagine they‘re as frustrated as me and others (probably more so as they’re the ones putting in the work trying to address the situation) but although speculating who may be signing for our team is an annual and normally enjoyable event, it hasn’t been this year.

Banksy

‘ but although speculating who may be signing for our team is an annual and normally enjoyable event, it hasn’t been this year.’
About right Bridgy , it’s been a right drag. Hardly a twinge of excitement in sight…..

IndoMike

‘ but although speculating who may be signing for our team is an annual and normally enjoyable event, it hasn’t been this year.’
About right Bridgy , it’s been a right drag. Hardly a twinge of excitement in sight…..
Never mind, Banksy. There's always the post Xmas sales.