• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

paperclip

No, I don’t think anyone at the club planned for league one in the sense that we needed better equipped players in key positions and that we would need to pay the going rate to bring that about. We’ve been here before and we’ll rattle around the bottom of league one for a season or two before returning diminished to league 2. After many years I can almost accept the reality of this but I just wish the club could and would provide evidence that they’ve made a stab at making things better. The secret squirrel non communication process is really tiresome.
Here's a thought. There's a fans forum scheduled for tomorrow night, why don't you go along and ask MT himself what evidence he can provide you with?

Trampus

Male bovine manure ! There is nothing more tiresome than enduring the carpings of a disgruntled former employee ! Go get a life FFS.
I can confirm that I have never been a ECFC employee, things may have been better had I been. I take it that you are completely happy with teams’s state of preparedness for league one starting in five days time?

Trampus

Here's a thought. There's a fans forum scheduled for tomorrow night, why don't you go along and ask MT himself what evidence he can provide you with?
Can’t be there unfortunately, perhaps you can ask the question for me. Silence should be deafening.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see the club has just announced a signing on Twitter.

Selco.

grecIAN Harris

Personally I think you're all trawling in choppy waters and angling after the wrong kipper. Cod knows who we're going to net in the end.

ExmouthMart

No, I don’t think anyone at the club planned for league one in the sense that we needed better equipped players in key positions and that we would need to pay the going rate to bring that about. We’ve been here before and we’ll rattle around the bottom of league one for a season or two before returning diminished to league 2. After many years I can almost accept the reality of this but I just wish the club could and would provide evidence that they’ve made a stab at making things better. The secret squirrel non communication process is really tiresome.
Your really tiresome…… provide evidence?! New pitch, new, modern training ground and paying wages to quality players like Dieng, Brown and Nombe. Be constructive in your criticism and don’t just take cheap shots. No one’s happy that we can’t sign players but this is a team just promoted so they have deserved and have earned a chance in League One. Your only as good as your last result and as we haven’t even played a game yet, let’s see what happens. If we crash and burn then maybe we have a rethink but at the moment you have to trust the Manager and Club Board/Trust that they are doing the best they can in the circumstances.

J-Han

It makes me laugh that people think the management and coaches at club just sit around not doing their jobs, as if it's only evident to fans on social media that we need players. I've got to be honest, it's one of the more preposterous things I've heard that the club should provide evidence they're trying to sign players 😂

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like another day has gone without any news. This is so f'ing boring. I really had high hopes for today, no idea why, maybe because the season starts in 5 days 🤷‍♂️

grecIAN Harris

I see the club has just announced a signing on Twitter.

Selco.
Well you can't say we're not building towards the season.........

Trampus

It makes me laugh that people think the management and coaches at club just sit around not doing their jobs, as if it's only evident to fans on social media that we need players. I've got to be honest, it's one of the more preposterous things I've heard that the club should provide evidence they're trying to sign players 😂
We have just bust a gut to get promoted to league one from league two. We all know that standards are substantially higher in league one and that we will need a core of better players to compete and survive there. As yet we have signed no-one who reflects this given. Have we tried and failed for all kinds of reason or have we assumed we can make do with what we have? Why is it preposterous to know which it is?