• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please let today be the day...

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym is massively overrated at City.

I’d much, much rather have O’Leary and think the Bass signing is a real disappointment after all this time but he obviously deserves the chance. And still young. Just hope we’ve signed him on a permanent rather than a loan so it’s more of a project.
I agree Max with that analysis. We were spoilt with Dawson therefore I wanted O'Leary as imo he offered the next best fit. My opinion of Bass has been lukewarm based upon highlights of Bradford from last season only. It may be given Sign of the Chimes comments about him that a change of club may just reignite his career with us. I think the injury to the new Bristol keeper scuppered our loan ultimately and Matt didnt want the risk of waiting and hoping and has taken the security offered by getting in Bass now. As the old adage goes theres no point wishing for something that just aint happening. He will get my 100% support

wiveygrecian

Bass has looked pretty decent whenever I’ve seen him, he seems to be popular with Pompey fans too. I hope he signs on a permanent contract.
I believe he’s joining us on a free transfer

Agent Andy

If that’s the case , I can see Lee leaving pretty soon , he’ll want to be no 1 next season , Taylor obviously dosnt rate Lee so he should look for pastures new 🤨

simcity

If that’s the case , I can see Lee leaving pretty soon , he’ll want to be no 1 next season , Taylor obviously dosnt rate Lee so he should look for pastures new 🤨
If Lee genuinely thinks he should be number 1 at 17 then he needs a reality check as he isn't going to go off and become number 1 at any EFL club for at least a couple more seasons and for you to say Taylor clearly doesn't rate Lee i think that's unfair.

He gave him a contract last year to turn professional and obviously made promises during that negotiation to make Lee stay after interest from elsewhere and part of that would have been a plan for him to be a proper number 1 when he's in his twenties rather than throwing him into L1 at 17/18 which could see him fail and then ruin his career before it's even started.

And remember not even Christy Pym was our out & out number 1 until 2016/17 when he was 20/21...

Boyo

You're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 36. Having at least one contracted GK in his 20's is definitely a good thing. If nothing else it will set the bar that Lee needs to pass.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ridiculous.

Agent Andy

I mean the season after next , when we’re probably in league 2 , and he’s 18 I think 🤷🏻‍♂️

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's not signed yet, but let's hope we can poach Bass.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
His signing will prove that we're not minnows.