• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Explains it then , two useful players there for a start. When push comes to shove we’ve great difficulty in competing with most of League One. It’s another rarified world up there , middle L1 and above. We’ll be doing superbly if can we consolidate around mid table.
Amen

Agent Andy

We almost signed Lee Burge but lost out to Northampton for a few hundred quid a week , we were paying bugger all of cams wages and won’t pay much of the new keepers wages , I don’t know why but we’re acting as if we’re skint , why not sign a proper experienced keeper and let Lee learn his trade elsewhere

tonykellowfan

Just had a quick look when we signed Cam last season. 29 July it was.

JCWhoosh

I’ll be even more worried if it’s the Heavitree United keeper. He's played at a good level
I think Brown could do a job in league 1. Very experienced and has played at that level. I'm not saying we don't need a Dawson type replacement but in the interim he would do ok. Our defence is much stronger now as we have Stubbs from the start, not waiting until Christmas when he shook off his injury.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
We almost signed Lee Burge but lost out to Northampton for a few hundred quid a week , we were paying bugger all of cams wages and won’t pay much of the new keepers wages , I don’t know why but we’re acting as if we’re skint , why not sign a proper experienced keeper and let Lee learn his trade elsewhere
Lee Burge - another one for whom location may have been relevant. Prior to his move to Sunderland he'd been at Coventry for 9 years, just up the road from Northampton (indeed where part of that time Coventry played home games).

Agent Andy

I think Brown could do a job in league 1. Very experienced and has played at that level. I'm not saying we don't need a Dawson type replacement but in the interim he would do ok. Our defence is much stronger now as we have Stubbs from the start, not waiting until Christmas when he shook off his injury.
Are you joking , have you seen him move lately 😂😂😂😂

Arthur Davey

Best not post in this thread, it’s called summer transfer thread
(Corrected for factuals 😉)

AmberRed

Pretty strong rumours yesterday that he is going to Cheltenham on loan
They have just signed MCDonald that was at Torquay last year and also Max Harris, so can't see why they would sign another young keeper!

ryancooper327

Screw transfers, when are the squad numbers being released :love:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only just catching up on the weekends news, or lack of, and the fact we missed out on 2 loan signings that MT thought were in the bag. Do we have any idea who these 2 might have been?

After the euphoria of last seasons promotion, the lack of signings and the realisation that at L1 level we can't really compete financially, it's all feeling a bit depressive.

I'm still confident of a safe mid table season this time around, but in the medium term we'll find ourselves back in L2 without external investment. It's very frustrating.