• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what I can gather Norwood’s wage demands are high and I highly doubt we’ve got a chance in obtaining his services.

sign of the chimes

From what I can gather Norwood’s wage demands are high and I highly doubt we’ve got a chance in obtaining his services.
I wonder where he'll find his market to be honest. That Ipswich move was a one-off for him: pre-pandemic, relatively affluent club at the level, late developiong player who peaked prior to getting the move. I don't doubt he'll get a deal but reckon he and others with similar profiles will be the ones who dip out most in the current market.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
We need to cover our injury prone key players ie Nombe & Stubbs with similar kinds. I think Norwood would do a good job.
Norwood coming in as cover 😂 As if, he’d be straight in the side

Grecian Max

Into another week of nothingness, never seen such a dead window for City

Bring back Jefferson Louis on trial

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will be like buses.......

IndoMike

It will be like buses.......
You mean, we won't make any signings

IndoMike

I blame "In the Know" for this.

fred binneys head

Into another week of nothingness, never seen such a dead window for City
You’re right, but I’d also say I’ve never seen such a strong, unchanged squad for city 👍

ECFC89

Is it annoying to say the people who were unhappy about our previous window, are the ones who are becoming twitchy about this one?

Thames Valley Red

With the £800k overspend on the training ground and the manager not having an increased budget, what did we expect? Money from the playing side has been ploughed into the training ground - rightly or wrongly. We have to hope that Sonny Cox has a real break through season and that we do not get too many injuries. We always go late and I will happily take humble pie, I thought the signings last year were pony - happily proved wrong :) I see Wycombe signed Dani D'Mellor? from United, we will have to be creative. Trust in Matt.