• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
City on the brink of making a possible signing (loan, or maybe small fee) according to an unknown source connected to a well-known Premier League club.
A well known Premier League club narrows it down to 20 teams!

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Think you need to look at it a little more widely than that though Max. Our shape isn't the norm, it's not a lock and load tactic that everyone just fits. For that reason loans tend to take longer to bed in, but loans aren't generally given the time to bed in, being that they are more emergency or filler signings.

Notably, two of the more successful signings were keepers, and the least successful have tended to be wide and/or creative players.

scottus86

Yeah its been a bit hit and miss on that front. From Taylor’s comments it seems like we’re first in line to discuss terms with some loan players so just got to hope they want to come here.

I still expect a couple of permanent deals which may come sooner but Taylor is very much keeping things close to his chest.
I think Taylor learnt some lessons a few seasons ago when he said we'd have a big budget.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Taylor learnt some lessons a few seasons ago when he said we'd have a big budget.
He said that going into last summer and it turned out pretty well!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously you can split hairs with those categories but I think the overall picture is pretty clear
Take your point, but think you’re being extremely harsh on Jokull. IMO he very much belongs in the good category.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Take your point, but think you’re being extremely harsh on Jokull. IMO he very much belongs in the good category.
Definitely so in my book. He isn't even 21 until next month and, I thought, showed a lot of promise, given good coaching.

ryancooper327

Now Derby are making signings, it’s just us!

FGRthe most active.

1656783931187.png

From:https://twitter.com/analysis_bwfc?s=21&t=bPxve5nRkCHNi4eDYfTxcQ

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

FGRthe most active.

View attachment 8753

Not much use without the comparable list of departures.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

FGRthe most active.

View attachment 8753

Given that Derby were down to just FOUR senior contracted players they require a hell of a lot more signings than us ! Why on earth are you panicking ?

SaintJames

There is sometimes a danger of losing context in looking at who has made signings and who hasn't. Derby have next to no players left on the books so will need to make around 18 signings in double quick time. On the other hand we have retained pretty much in its entirety the squad which just got us promoted and start with a very healthy rosta of players already in place.