• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

JCWhoosh

Is that Andrew Neil Other or Aaron Nigel Other, or the East European part of the Other family Andreyiv Nikolas?

(I'm sure trying to break the 1000 mark, who would have thought we would be approaching 800 posts with no news)
The post did start on May 9th so not reflective of players on our radar whatsoever. Maybe this should start from July 1st each year? Would probably still get to 1000 posts before anyone is signed 😏

I'm with Banksy. KMT has shown he is clever with what he recruits with the money he has. I wouldn't be upset if he starts the season with the current squad (+keeper).

Last edited:

Grecian Ed

Thank god Cornell has signed up north, he wouldn't have been a good signing for us. Despite what some say. Worrying news about Taylor's interview though.

Grecian Ed

Double post, glad to see my source had it right about Bishop.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Double post, glad to see my source had it right about Bishop.
Glad ?
Bishop would have been ideal for our current situation, despite other people's feelings I wouldn't be surprised to us signing Jokull again - international with potential needs game time and the support of a solid defence! This would also mean that Harry may get more experience when internationals call!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Worrying news about Taylor's interview though.
I’d say it’s more frustrating than worrying. Taylor will give the bare level of information to the press and we’d be naive to think that we’re not in discussions with other players all the time. Talks can and will happen while the squad is away and I’m sure we’ll see things start to warm up next week.

If it gets to the latter half of July and we’re in the same position I’ll be worried but at the moment I’m just bored!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Contact extension for Sweenz

StudentGrecian

Even your average City fan has given up on Dawson, but not DL, who clearly aren't doing their fact checking again. Suggesting there's a chance because Stockdale will be fighting Wildsmith for the number 1 shirt, despite the announcement Wildsmith is leaving 5 days ago.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d say it’s more frustrating than worrying. Taylor will give the bare level of information to the press and we’d be naive to think that we’re not in discussions with other players all the time. Talks can and will happen while the squad is away and I’m sure we’ll see things start to warm up next week.

If it gets to the latter half of July and we’re in the same position I’ll be worried but at the moment I’m just bored!
I'd say it was slightly concerning. Not the fact that we haven't signed anyone, as we will do in good time, but more the fact that we really struggle to be competitive financially at this level, offering the best contracts we can but they get turned down as better offers come from leagues below us!

Squeezebox

Glad ?
Bishop would have been ideal for our current situation, despite other people's feelings I wouldn't be surprised to us signing Jokull again - international with potential needs game time and the support of a solid defence! This would also mean that Harry may get more experience when internationals call!
and I believe Readng have just signed an experienced keeper.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
and I believe Readng have just signed an experienced keeper.
Bouzanis who was at Sutton