• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We supposedly missed out on Bishop last season to Mansfield, he was connected to us quite a lot at the time but how true or close it was I don't know like this season. We ended up with Cam. We will sign the best 'keeper we can attract.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So if Cornell came in now, you’d be happy? I would be furious.
A player who played 30 odd championship games last season? Yeah terrible. I’d be gutted.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How can we compete with mighty Crawley? 😀
We weren't competing with Crawley as we were never in for Telford. He's a poor man's Sonny Cox.

Banksy

We weren't competing with Crawley as we were never in for Telford. He's a poor man's Sonny Cox.
Just a joke , note the emoji!

geoffwp

Just a joke , note the emoji!
When snoop gets fuming he misses those. 😂

IndoMike

It's all down to money. Matt said the playing budget is the same as it was in Lg 2, so presumably we're offering Lg 2 money for Lg 1 players. This is why Matt is looking for loan players : simply because he doesn't have much choice. So I expect two or three loan players to be signed up in the next 2 weeks. There's no doubt Lg 1 is going to be a big challenge, but not an impossible one
Onwards and upwards.
Good luck to Matt and all the players
xxxxxxxx

fred binneys head

I trust Matt Taylor so I’m not stressed about the lack of signings one bit. Simple.

Bigsilver007

I trust Matt Taylor so I’m not stressed about the lack of signings one bit. Simple.
Agree players contracts don’t expire to June 30 I’m sure will see some movements when players become free agents

Banksy

When snoop gets fuming he misses those. 😂
These are tense times Geoff , get a few signings in and everyone can relax . Unless they’re Argyle’s leftovers of course then it will really hit the fan!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's all down to money. Matt said the playing budget is the same as it was in Lg 2, so presumably we're offering Lg 2 money for Lg 1 players. This is why Matt is looking for loan players : simply because he doesn't have much choice. So I expect two or three loan players to be signed up in the next 2 weeks. There's no doubt Lg 1 is going to be a big challenge, but not an impossible one
Onwards and upwards.
Good luck to Matt and all the players
xxxxxxxx
Don’t forget that even though we may have the same budget as last season, we’re only looking to sign 4 or 5 players, versus 11 last summer. So Matt has probably been able to offer slightly better than L2 money.

Sadly though, some clubs can offer stupid money which blows us out of the water regardless.