• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we can't afford them they won't arrive !
SOMEONE will arrive. They may not be MT's first choice but we will be signing four or five.

Pobbop

I'm really not worried at all, in the end, I think we have a base of a decent side, and I'm happy he's talking about Loans, obviously ne need a 'keeper, but what we need to be doing is thinking of real quality from sides in the championship and Prem as Loan signings to really improve what we have. This is clearly what he's after and these players will have options, the player will have their views where he wants to go, the other club will have views too, none of these variables are easy to work out. yet being in a higher division hopefully makes us that more attractive to them.

Have faith Grecians, we owe it to Matt and our recruitment after last year that we'll have quality options brought in, that won't stifle the Youth we have.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm really not worried at all, in the end, I think we have a base of a decent side, and I'm happy he's talking about Loans, obviously ne need a 'keeper, but what we need to be doing is thinking of real quality from sides in the championship and Prem as Loan signings to really improve what we have. This is clearly what he's after and these players will have options, the player will have their views where he wants to go, the other club will have views too, none of these variables are easy to work out. yet being in a higher division hopefully makes us that more attractive to them.

Have faith Grecians, we owe it to Matt and our recruitment after last year that we'll have quality options brought in, that won't stifle the Youth we have.
I think by selling so many STs there is already a lot of faith.

Red Devon

Disappointed Grounds hasn't signed extension offer he's fundamental in our left sided defence flexibility.

Also, worthy of note no.mention of players leaving ........yet. Mega surprised if we don't lose one.

Other youngsters should be offered extended contracts..... hopefully in hand.
It is surprising no one has left yet hopefully it’ll stay that way, although as we know selling players is the lifeline of the club.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Things will happen and as usual there will be the disappointment bleagh feeling, however Matt last year has proved he has the qualities and staff in place to recognise players that will suit his style of play, and no doubt has various lists compiled by Flitters on desired, possibles and probables, of course always aiming for the desired ones first and working down according to budget.

Yes a couple of incomings will be loans, hopefully from higher up the pyramid, unlike last year's Padraig (who I loved as a character for the club) and OZ signings from the same division. As we have seen from other clubs last year if one of these works out who knows what we can do. If we are challenging through the season it won't be like the time Yeovil got promoted from this division as the majority of players are already at the club and the loans will be tweaks!

I expect Ray to depart and official announcement of Grounds not renewing his contract shortly, will free up more cash for those desirables!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

iscalad

Local boy. Lives West Clyst. Here's hoping. I think he'll be an excellent signing.

IndoMike

Salary, status, playing in front of big crowds - all in Wednesday's favour.
Cosy family club, location - all in City's favour.

I make that 4/6 Wednesday would be favourites.

Rosencrantz

Interesting that both Wednesday and ourselves favoured three at the back last season as did Charlton. Their fans reckoned Purrington wasn't suited to LWB and would be a better defensive choice as LB in a four. Looking at both squads we haven't got a recognised LB whilst Wednesday have the ex-City loanee Jaden Brown who didn't seem to feature much for them last season.

Both sides might be looking to have some flexibility to switch between back three and four which would mean a LB would be a must need.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dom Telford hasn't accepted a new deal from Newport.

27 goals last year. Thoughts?

Media suggesting Bristol Rovers are in for him.
Has signed for Crawley Town.