• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sounding too great on the signings front listening to KMT, however he does always play his cards close to his chest

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like we’re some way off announcing a new signing going by MTs comments. He also said the majority will be loan deals and we’re struggling to compete in the market!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sounding too great on the signings front listening to KMT, however he does always play his cards close to his chest
True, he kind of skirted around the issue and kept his comments quite general. We’ll see.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There's an update from Matt in his fixtures release video. The main message is we need to be patient!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
A friend of mine thinks there’s a clue with Spider-Man
Can’t find a Peter Parker, but found a Lewis Webb Swansea keeper.
There’s no flies on you.

LDNGrecian

Saving money by not paying wages in June 😉

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like we’re some way off announcing a new signing going by MTs comments. He also said the majority will be loan deals and we’re struggling to compete in the market!
A bit worried about that.
Isn't that the route Yeovil tried to follow a few years back?
#wherearetheynow
Amendment: Please make the first sentence read VERY worried about that.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Rowan Vine coming back?

robchave

The approach seems to be that we've got the majority of our L1 team in place and that we're just going to add a bit of 'quality', if we can attract it. Obviously a goalkeeper - probably another season-long loan - and, I would hope, a permanent centre forward to give us an alternative up front. MT mentioned about 5 players coming in, the majority to be loans; so no more than a couple of permanent signings.

Maybe the Grounds and Ray situations are affecting this. Ray, I think, is amongst the highest paid players and if he was to leave the club in some capacity this may free up funds. I liked what I saw from Grounds last season and with his higher league experience he could well be an asset in the upcoming season.