• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are we saving the money for Xmas?
I think we need a bigger stack of cans.

IndoMike

After showing a surprisingly high degree of patience, I am now getting restless. Time is moving on. I know it's difficult : lots of big teams in Lg 1 with money to chuck around and hard for us to compete, but we still need at least a keeper, left back, defensive midfielder and goalscorer to make us competitive in Lg 1.
I do think there will be announcements on Monday, but if not I think I m gonna curl up in a ball.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
After showing a surprisingly high degree of patience, I am now getting restless. Time is moving on. I know it's difficult : lots of big teams in Lg 1 with money to chuck around and hard for us to compete, but we still need at least a keeper, left back, defensive midfielder and goalscorer to make us competitive in Lg 1.
I do think there will be announcements on Monday, but if not I think I m gonna curl up in a ball.
I’m surprised we’ve not had even so much as an update from MT throughout this month.

Im expecting something tomorrow. A new signing will possibly train in the morning and then be announced in the afternoon. At the very least, I’m sure we’ll get an interview from Taylor so he can give us all the heads up on the current status.

IndoMike

I’m surprised we’ve not had even so much as an update from MT throughout this month.

Im expecting something tomorrow. A new signing will possibly train in the morning and then be announced in the afternoon. At the very least, I’m sure we’ll get an interview from Taylor so he can give us all the heads up on the current status.
I don't think he'll say much at all until a signing is done and dusted. He has to be a bit secretive. Probably learnt his lesson too from last season and his * "marquee signings" comment. But it would be great to hear soon of some incomings.
* Actually Dieng, Nombe and Brown were marquee signings : we just didn't know that at the time

Boyo

Patience...
Last year we signed Jevani Brown on 1st July, Sam Nombe on 5th July, Dieng on 20th July and Dawson on the 29th July.
I appreciate the season starts a week or two earlier this year, but it's still early days.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think he'll say much at all until a signing is done and dusted. He has to be a bit secretive. Probably learnt his lesson too from last season and his * "marquee signings" comment. But it would be great to hear soon of some incomings.
* Actually Dieng, Nombe and Brown were marquee signings : we just didn't know that at the time
Indeed, he won’t give out any definite info till a signing is fully completed but, at least, he can say how things are going in general terms.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Gareth Bale is looking for regular football....

Grecian2K

I'm expecting something tomorrow. A new signing will possibly train in the morning
Doubt it. The railways are on strike aren't they?

Grecian2K

Gareth Bale is looking for (IR)regular football....
Corrected for factuals.
One or two cameo halfs a month max I reckon.

IndoMike

Gareth Bale is looking for regular football....
Tell him sorry, but we have SuperSparkesy already