• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dom Telford hasn't accepted a new deal from Newport.

27 goals last year. Thoughts?

Media suggesting Bristol Rovers are in for him.
From what I've seen he is someone who very much relies on decent service. He didn't do much against us the last time we played at Newport but it didn't help that his strike partner that day was Alex Fisher; much as I liked Fisher when he was with City, his contest with Sam Stubbs was embarrassingly one-sided.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly. We haven't heard much about Oz for a while and without wanting to bash the Bishop rumours, the fact that thread has descended into chess-related jokes doesn't suggest his signing is imminent.
We have to find ways to keep ourselves amused on this thread, SEA

Squeezebox

Looks like Liam Roberts has gone to Middlesboro so we can rule him out as a potential GK.

SaintJames

Looks like Liam Roberts has gone to Middlesboro so we can rule him out as a potential GK.
Very astute it appears in that he only joined Northampton on a 1 yr deal wanting to keep his options open. Joined M'boro as number 2 keeper so looks like he is only interested in the wonga which is fair enough but is that a lack of ambition given he is only mid 20's?

StudentGrecian

Very astute it appears in that he only joined Northampton on a 1 yr deal wanting to keep his options open. Joined M'boro as number 2 keeper so looks like he is only interested in the wonga which is fair enough but is that a lack of ambition given he is only mid 20's?
Or he backs himself to win the number 1 shirt. Imo, very few players join teams happy to sit on the bench and take a pay check. That narrative is getting all to common and is honestly very boring. He’s clearly joined a big club with ambitions of furthering his career, whether it be game time at a higher level or better training etc. I’m sure they go into it thinking it’ll work out for them, sometimes it doesn’t, but I don’t think it’s because they lack ambition.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Have we signed any players yet?

SaintJames

Or he backs himself to win the number 1 shirt. Imo, very few players join teams happy to sit on the bench and take a pay check. That narrative is getting all to common and is honestly very boring. He’s clearly joined a big club with ambitions of furthering his career, whether it be game time at a higher level or better training etc. I’m sure they go into it thinking it’ll work out for them, sometimes it doesn’t, but I don’t think it’s because they lack ambition.
You may be correct there Student as looking at their GK's having loaned out last season's number one they dont have an obvious replacement. However, I would be surprised if the club themselves consider someone with purely L2 experience to be the number 1 next season? I suspect they will bring in a more experienced keeper yet

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nope but we will and patience is the key, as frustrating as that is for some fans.

At least we no longer need to consider the pros and cons of Oz coming back and it really is time to put the Cam Dawson signing to bed and move on.

IndoMike

THIS SPACE TO LET

andrew p long

23 under contract, none of whom have been signed since January!