• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Cox signs for Torquay he's unavailable to train with us and also unavailable to play in the pizza trophy. This has tended to be why they go to Taunton, Tiverton, Dorchester etc. so we can monitor more closely
I see your point, but if the club feels he’s ready for that level, then I’d be keen for him to be tested there. That said, it’d also be wise to maybe give him a 6 month loan at say, Taunton and then review in January.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see your point, but if the club feels he’s ready for that level, then I’d be keen for him to be tested there. That said, it’d also be wise to maybe give him a 6 month loan at say, Taunton and then review in January.
Personally I don't disagree. If he was league 2 ready then you'd like to think he'd go there etc. But it is generally why younger players go local and part time

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take your point, but I think you are underplaying the value of training as part of a set-up that is geared towards the development of young players. It is more likely that he will go out to a Conference South side that is semi pro. That way, he can continue to train with us and we can monitor his development more closely.

In any event, without wishing to downplay Sonny, I am not sure he is ready for the National League (yet).

DJG.ECFC

I take your point, but I think you are underplaying the value of training as part of a set-up that is geared towards the development of young players. It is more likely that he will go out to a Conference South side that is semi pro. That way, he can continue to train with us and we can monitor his development more closely.

In any event, without wishing to downplay Sonny, I am not sure he is ready for the National League (yet).
Yep I agree, gotta bare in mind he’s only 17. With Taunton he’s in the conference south which is a decent level, he’s also likely to get a lot of game time whilst only being 45 minutes from home and he can still train with us.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gone a bit quiet....any news on Jonathan Grounds?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still waiting on these players with “higher-level knowhow” was what MT said I believe.

grecianstew

A search of the Exeweb archive suggests the first mention of Kabongo Tshimanga as a possible signing was in 2015. Has there ever been a longer-lasting discussion of a potential City player, especially as there seems to be very little evidence that we've ever actually tried to sign him?
Ozunnazi ( was that his name) discussion started somewhere around 2005 and went on for ages. Turned out he didn’t even exist!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gone to Grounds

JCWhoosh

Randomly dreamt we signed a left defender from Notts County 🤔

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Randomly dreamt we signed a left defender from Notts County 🤔
Is he any good?