• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, the bloke I had in mind is Jay Foulston.
I mentioned him elsewhere on here a while ago, maybe the non league thread?
He’s Taunton’s left back/wingback. He’s only in his early 20‘s and was with Newport but didn’t break through.
He’s looked good whenever I’ve seen him play. He’s also scored some great goals, including from free kicks.
I‘ve read that Taunton have signed another left sided defender recently though and then seen their Manager say that he now has 3 good players in that area of his team, including Jay. So I suppose that implies he expects him to stay.
All that said I presume we maybe looking for someone with more experience anyway in that position to compete with Jack Sparkes (and assuming Jake Caprice moves over to the right).

Average Joe

That's an incredible signing for Taunton Town. Love the way they have done business over the last few years.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A search of the Exeweb archive suggests the first mention of Kabongo Tshimanga as a possible signing was in 2015. Has there ever been a longer-lasting discussion of a potential City player, especially as there seems to be very little evidence that we've ever actually tried to sign him?

Free scoring National League strikers often struggle to step up to League Two, Danilo Orsi last season, Jamie Reid, Daryl Clare couldn’t hit a barn door in League Two.
Orsi got 7 in 14 in all competitions for Harrogate last season and only 6 starts. He's another one who I've seen regularly at Boreham Wood when he joined on loan for the second half of the season. Unlike Tschimanga it's fair to say he was underwhelming and struggled for game time. I'm afraid I agree with you and can't think of many National League gems that I think could step up. In the six or seven City games I saw during the season the standard was a cut above what I tend to see at Boreham Wood (I live two miles from the ground).

A search of the Exeweb archive suggests the first mention of Kabongo Tshimanga as a possible signing was in 2015. Has there ever been a longer-lasting discussion of a potential City player, especially as there seems to be very little evidence that we've ever actually tried to sign him?
Perhaps his agent is on here.

Trapdoor

Perhaps his agent is on here.
He has a lot of agents on here. Every silly season with 5 minutes of the final game his name gets brought up.

Bridgy 81

Ah I’d not seen that. I’ll keep an eye out for him as and when I watch Taunton. He’ll be tested further at a higher level next season so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes. He’s still young so could be one for the future.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah I’d not seen that. I’ll keep an eye out for him as and when I watch Taunton. He’ll be tested further at a higher level next season so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes. He’s still young so could be one for the future.
He won't lose the ability to take those free kicks. One to keep an eye on.

DawlishBouy

Orsi got 7 in 14 in all competitions for Harrogate last season and only 6 starts. He's another one who I've seen regularly at Boreham Wood when he joined on loan for the second half of the season. Unlike Tschimanga it's fair to say he was underwhelming and struggled for game time. I'm afraid I agree with you and can't think of many National League gems that I think could step up. In the six or seven City games I saw during the season the standard was a cut above what I tend to see at Boreham Wood (I live two miles from the ground).
Orsi scored 1 goal in 10 league games. Four goals in the pizza trophy skew the stat you give. Other recent prolific NL goalscorers who failed in League Two: Rhys Murphy, Innih Effiong, Tyrone Marsh, Simeon Akinola, Mike Fondop

Orsi scored 1 goal in 10 league games. Four goals in the pizza trophy skew the stat you give. Other recent prolific NL goalscorers who failed in League Two: Rhys Murphy, Innih Effiong, Tyrone Marsh, Simeon Akinola, Mike Fondop
Only three league starts though.