• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cryptic.
I was referring to a Taunton Town player who I think is probably likely to be with them next season but I don’t imagine would cost us anything.
Who are you thinking of?
Same player. He wouldn't cost much but he would cost a "nominal" I would think having signed a contract.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same player. He wouldn't cost much but he would cost a "nominal" I would think having signed a contract.
Zac Smith?

Bridgy 81

Zac Smith?
No, the bloke I had in mind is Jay Foulston.
I mentioned him elsewhere on here a while ago, maybe the non league thread?
He’s Taunton’s left back/wingback. He’s only in his early 20‘s and was with Newport but didn’t break through.
He’s looked good whenever I’ve seen him play. He’s also scored some great goals, including from free kicks.
I‘ve read that Taunton have signed another left sided defender recently though and then seen their Manager say that he now has 3 good players in that area of his team, including Jay. So I suppose that implies he expects him to stay.
All that said I presume we maybe looking for someone with more experience anyway in that position to compete with Jack Sparkes (and assuming Jake Caprice moves over to the right).

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, the bloke I had in mind is Jay Foulston.
I mentioned him elsewhere on here a while ago, maybe the non league thread?
He’s Taunton’s left back/wingback. He’s only in his early 20‘s and was with Newport but didn’t break through.
He’s looked good whenever I’ve seen him play. He’s also scored some great goals, including from free kicks.
I‘ve read that Taunton have signed another left sided defender recently though and then seen their Manager say that he now has 3 good players in that area of his team, including Jay. So I suppose that implies he expects him to stay.
All that said I presume we maybe looking for someone with more experience anyway in that position to compete with Jack Sparkes (and assuming Jake Caprice moves over to the right).
Looking at wiki he seems to have had a promising start to his career and yet it has waned, only 21 years old, but like you say probably looking for a more experienced player as competition for Jack, just hope not a Colin Danielesque player

Tshimanga should be back in time for next season - a lot will depend on whether Paul Cook, or whoever is in charge there in August, fancies him and whether or not they need to bring funds in.

I've a mate who is a bit of a NL expert; and he reckons Tshimanga is the biggest stand out/shouldn't be at that level player he's seen there since Vardy, which is quite some claim.

For what little it's worth, in the few NL games I've seen him in on BT; and the Chelsea v Chesterfield FA cup game just before he was injured he's looked very good. Assuming he's fit and ready to go for the new season I'd not be surprised to see Championship level interest. If Pompey could get him I'd do so in a heartbeat - and push the boat out to do so.
I've mentioned this before on the Tschimanga thread but I am an exiled Grecian and have had a season ticket at Boreham Wood where he played before going to Chesterfield. He's quality. Way above National League level and it was a massive surprise to me when he went to Chesterfield. He'd be a great addition for us. Works hard, scores goals, holds the ball up well and decent in the air for his size. That said, he's scored 20+ a season for a few years and I doubt that we could afford him.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've mentioned this before on the Tschimanga thread but I am an exiled Grecian and have had a season ticket at Boreham Wood where he played before going to Chesterfield. He's quality. Way above National League level and it was a massive surprise to me when he went to Chesterfield. He'd be a great addition for us. Works hard, scores goals, holds the ball up well and decent in the air for his size. That said, he's scored 20+ a season for a few years and I doubt that we could afford him.
I agree I think the boat has sailed on this one

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Free scoring National League strikers often struggle to step up to League Two, Danilo Orsi last season, Jamie Reid, Daryl Clare couldn’t hit a barn door in League Two.

Trapdoor

Free scoring National League strikers often struggle to step up to League Two, Danilo Orsi last season, Jamie Reid, Daryl Clare couldn’t hit a barn door in League Two.
Agreed, there haven't been too many in recent years making the step up easily.
Maybe Scott Quigley was the last I saw who looked comfortable in L2, although even he went back to NL for a big pay day contract and is getting past his prime now. Hasnt had a very good season at Stockport to be honest.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Armarni Little from Torquay, anyone?
Gone to the Vegans

Trapdoor

Gone to the Vegans
That's surely a bit of a downgrade for them?