• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have wondered what the contract situation is with Kabongo Tshimanga at Chesterfield. Now they aren't going up I wonder if he would be interested. I've always thought he could play at a higher level and would fit into our playing style well. Always seems to have a decent attitude too.
was in the NL Team of the Season - not the profile of player Matt tends to look at but some player for sure

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have wondered what the contract situation is with Kabongo Tshimanga at Chesterfield. Now they aren't going up I wonder if he would be interested. I've always thought he could play at a higher level and would fit into our playing style well. Always seems to have a decent attitude too.
Isn’t he out long term with a knee injury? I’d love him and he seems the exact type of forward that suits our game.

I imagine Chesterfield gave him a good contract to get him to sign in the first place, so he’s most likely tied down anyway.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I took a more direct approach recently and messaged Marcus Flitcroft directly with a recommendation and received a nice reply back.
I’ll let you know if we sign my suggestion.
If we do it will cost as, if it's who I think it is, he has signed on again for next season where he is.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we do it will cost as, if it's who I think it is, he has signed on again for next season where he is.
I guess that reduces the list of players down to around 500 possibles then :)

Bridgy 81

Cryptic.
I was referring to a Taunton Town player who I think is probably likely to be with them next season but I don’t imagine would cost us anything.
Who are you thinking of?

sign of the chimes

Isn’t he out long term with a knee injury? I’d love him and he seems the exact type of forward that suits our game.

I imagine Chesterfield gave him a good contract to get him to sign in the first place, so he’s most likely tied down anyway.
Tshimanga should be back in time for next season - a lot will depend on whether Paul Cook, or whoever is in charge there in August, fancies him and whether or not they need to bring funds in.

I've a mate who is a bit of a NL expert; and he reckons Tshimanga is the biggest stand out/shouldn't be at that level player he's seen there since Vardy, which is quite some claim.

For what little it's worth, in the few NL games I've seen him in on BT; and the Chelsea v Chesterfield FA cup game just before he was injured he's looked very good. Assuming he's fit and ready to go for the new season I'd not be surprised to see Championship level interest. If Pompey could get him I'd do so in a heartbeat - and push the boat out to do so.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
My thoughts exactly too Pete.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cryptic.
I was referring to a Taunton Town player who I think is probably likely to be with them next season but I don’t imagine would cost us anything.
Who are you thinking of?
Lloyd James has just signed for Taunton…Christ, it’s not him is it? :ROFLMAO:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tshimanga should be back in time for next season - a lot will depend on whether Paul Cook, or whoever is in charge there in August, fancies him and whether or not they need to bring funds in.

I've a mate who is a bit of a NL expert; and he reckons Tshimanga is the biggest stand out/shouldn't be at that level player he's seen there since Vardy, which is quite some claim.

For what little it's worth, in the few NL games I've seen him in on BT; and the Chelsea v Chesterfield FA cup game just before he was injured he's looked very good. Assuming he's fit and ready to go for the new season I'd not be surprised to see Championship level interest. If Pompey could get him I'd do so in a heartbeat - and push the boat out to do so.
Big claim indeed from your mate! I confess I’ve only seen highlights of him but he looks a real threat and clearly knows where the goal is. Ever since he scored a hattrick for Oxford City at Tranmere in the cup a few seasons back, I’ve been keen we get him. I did hear we were seriously interested in him back nothing came of that.

My only concern would be how his knee injury has affected his pace, which could see him be less of a pacy player.

If he gets fully fit and firing plus stays at Chesterfield until Jan, I can see him getting a lot of interest and won’t be long before someone stumps up for him.

sign of the chimes

Big claim indeed from your mate! I confess I’ve only seen highlights of him but he looks a real threat and clearly knows where the goal is. Ever since he scored a hattrick for Oxford City at Tranmere in the cup a few seasons back, I’ve been keen we get him. I did hear we were seriously interested in him back nothing came of that.

My only concern would be how his knee injury has affected his pace, which could see him be less of a pacy player.

If he gets fully fit and firing plus stays at Chesterfield until Jan, I can see him getting a lot of interest and won’t be long before someone stumps up for him.
I'm not a physio or medic but his injury was a fracture of the leg and dislocated ankle, so not sure it would necessarily impact on his pace/strength too much if the rehabilitation is successful. Neither am I a scout, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see some Championship level interest in him this summer without the injury; and wouldn't be hugely surprised if that manifested anyway if he's fit by the time pre-season starts. I believe he's still under contract next season but he's 24/25 and they won't get any compensation if he's out of contract so wonder there might be a deal there for someone to make. As I say, no idea about Chesterfield's finances, but think they are trust/community/supporter owned and will need to cut their cloth.