• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it the way we use forwards , the role they play , that takes it out of them? Absolutely we need cover for both players , Nombe in particular but would it be the same type of player?
I wouldn't have thought it would be that. At the start of the season he had covid, but he never seemed to be in the team long before he picked up another injury, which is a shame as had he been fully fit, he could've hit 20 goals or more. As for your second point a similar type of player would be preferred.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't have thought it would be that. At the start of the season he had covid, but he never seemed to be in the team long before he picked up another injury, which is a shame as had he been fully fit, he could've hit 20 goals or more. As for your second point a similar type of player would be preferred.
Fair enough.I was thinking someone a little different would make for a plan B.

andrew p long

Its quite a dilemma re the second number 9- Aston Villa had the same problem last summer for a back up to Ollie Watkins.

We need someone good enough to start every game if Nombe is injured. But that person has also to be willing to sit on the bench if Nombe is available and preferred. Someone good enough to start every game is going to prefer to do that, rather than be a back up.

LDNGrecian

Considering that Stubbs needs to be handled with care, we are left with Sweenz, Check and Hartridge, plus maybe Cousins. So I can't imagine there will be any attempt
to convert Pond, aside from the fact that he's been raised as a centre half.
Who is cousins?

Rosencrantz

Seeing as we need at least a couple of strikers then one should be similar to Nombe for cover or competition and then the second one can bring something different. Although Jevani and MJ can both play in the same team, they kind of cover each other as well.

STURTZ

Considering that Stubbs needs to be handled with care, we are left with Sweenz, Check and Hartridge, plus maybe Cousins. So I can't imagine there will be any attempt
to convert Pond, aside from the fact that he's been raised as a centre half.
Matt Taylor was a goalie. By Cousins do you mean George Ray?

CC

Matt Taylor was a goalie. By Cousins do you mean George Ray?
Autocorrect of Grounds?!

Colesman Ballz

Who is cousins?
Perhaps Indo has been rewatching National Lampoon's Vacation films and is thinking of Cousin Eddie ? :unsure:

STURTZ

Grounds, Ray, Sweeny, Stubbs, Hartridge, Diabate, Pond, is this not a surfeit of centre backs?

Cowshed Grecian

Who is Cousins? New signing? 😂