• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Davis Keillor-Dunn released by Oldham would be a great signing to play up front, scored lots of goals in what has been a pretty dreadful Oldham team the last couple years.
I saw that and he is decent. I think he's an attacking midfielder though rather than an out-and-out striker so I'm not sure where he'd fit into our team? I think we have other more pressing positions to fill.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst I wouldn't necessarily want him at St James Park, I'm surprised to see that Oldham have released Piergianni.
Just as well, he's signed for Stevenage.

Trapdoor

Just as well, he's signed for Stevenage.
Thats about his level.

Corey

I saw that and he is decent. I think he's an attacking midfielder though rather than an out-and-out striker so I'm not sure where he'd fit into our team? I think we have other more pressing positions to fill.
From what I’ve seen of him, he’s played all over the front line this season. I could imagine him doing well in the position Jevani Brown plays? Not quite an out and out striker, but not really part of the midfield either.

SaintJames

With our plethora of centre half's I wonder whether Alphy Pond could be retrained as a forward? I haven't seen him enough to know but he has the size to be a towering centre forward.
I just had to check but it's definately not the 1st of April!!!!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what I’ve seen of him, he’s played all over the front line this season. I could imagine him doing well in the position Jevani Brown plays? Not quite an out and out striker, but not really part of the midfield either.
Yeah and as we already have Brown better to spend our money on a number 9.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
With our plethora of centre half's I wonder whether Alphy Pond could be retrained as a forward? I haven't seen him enough to know but he has the size to be a towering centre forward.
Is Alphy short for Alphington?

Corey

Yeah and as we already have Brown better to spend our money on a number 9.
You could say the same about Nombe, we have him so why get a number 9?? We need cover and the ability to rotate, both could get injured or fall out of form. If we can get him I think Keillor-Dunn would be a great signing, and would give us the flexibility to switch the formation as someone who has often played out wide as well.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
You could say the same about Nombe, we have him so why get a number 9?? We need cover and the ability to rotate, both could get injured or fall out of form. If we can get him I think Keillor-Dunn would be a great signing, and would give us the flexibility to switch the formation as someone who has often played out wide as well.
We definitely need cover for nombe at least. Great when he plays but he spent a lot of time out injured, which is a concern.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
We definitely need cover for nombe at least. Great when he plays but he spent a lot of time out injured, which is a concern.
Is it the way we use forwards , the role they play , that takes it out of them? Absolutely we need cover for both players , Nombe in particular but would it be the same type of player?