• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The best way to do business - the FGR DoF who we have been linked with (but looks like we won't get) talks a lot about picking up 'broken toys' from clubs further up the ladder. I look at your recruitment of the likes of Nombe, Brown, Dieng, Stubbs (obviously alongside your Academy which is probably pound-for-pound up there with the best in the country); and think you're doing things right.

It's been a long time since you've had a bad season - commensurate with your relative financial position in League 2 - and whilst I'm sure there'll be some sense that things could have been done better and success achieved quicker it's pretty clear from the outside that you're in a great place at the moment. It's great to observe as someone who has developed a bit of a soft spot.
Admit it, it's more than a soft spot. You're on the verge of meeting City's parents.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
So when’s the retained list out?
I would guess end of this week?
I see FGR have already published theirs. Seems a bit soon to me.

SaintJames

Admit it, it's more than a soft spot. You're on the verge of meeting City's parents.
I heard he had left his first love and was moving in soon with his new love(r)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still lives in Exeter, but was a bit of a naughty boy last time he was with us, apparently. Anyway, probably not quite what we need, or good enough. Sorry Fred.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peter Crouch?
Or how about the return of "Pineapple Head" ? :p

Cowshed Grecian

Still lives in Exeter, but was a bit of a naughty boy last time he was with us, apparently. Anyway, probably not quite what we need, or good enough. Sorry Fred.
A naughty boy? Why whats the rumour?

denzil

A naughty boy? Why whats the rumour?
No rumour I hear but will leave it there. Bowman's gone, forget him !!! If he returned we'd lose in the long run.

Intheknow84

Marlon Pack?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Marlon Pack?
There's wishful thinking but I think this is a step too far. He'll go to another Championship club I'd imagine and his wages would be 3 or 4 times what we could afford.

*Although having just googled his recent stats he does seem to have dropped out of favour recently at Cardiff.

Last edited:

SaintJames

Luke Norris of Stevenage you heard it hear first as the saying goes :)
It appears that the Stevenage Chairman heard it first as it looks like he has been offered a new contract. That appears to have killed that transfer stone dead :)