• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at Pagroti they aren't over enthusiastic about resigning him, quoting old player syndrome similar to what we experience, however as someone else has said would be good replacement for Grounds should he not sign, but wages may be too high for that role, time will tell

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've needed a natural left back for some time, and purrington would fit the bill. That said, MT clearly favours a back three, so I'd question whether his lack of versatility would effect his game time.

A good player nonetheless.
Plenty of League One knowhow

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn’t be surprised if Purrington went to Wimbledon. That’s assuming he loved playing under Jonnie Jackson at Charlton.

Devon Red

I can see Purrington going back to Argyle unfortunately.

The deluder

I can see Purrington going back to Argyle unfortunately.
Surely the best place for him. There will be better and cheaper options available.

Devon Red

Surely the best place for him. There will be better and cheaper options available.
Perhaps, I have no idea how good or expensive he is but if he does come with high wages I'd rather we spent it in other areas of the pitch personally.

Boyo

Plenty of League One knowhow
Not too dissimilar to Colin Daniels 😳

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not too dissimilar to Colin Daniels 😳
But younger and presumably more expensive in wages

JCWhoosh

Hoping for something soon. Hypothetically... How do you think we would do in the league if we didn't get anyone in and had to play with the players we have? Is anyone going to find that league 1 is a league too much for them?

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hoping for something soon. Hypothetically... How do you think we would do in the league if we didn't get anyone in and had to play with the players we have? Is anyone going to find that league 1 is a league too much for them?
Nah KMT has already sorted out "the wood from the trees" with his retained list, my only remaining querry would be is if Grounds is upto scratch for another season at a higher level.