• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To paraphrase the Bible
There should always be room in DEVON for a Janner who repenteth
Amen

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just saw on Twitter "Exeter sign", got all excited but then saw it was for a South African Lock :) Bleddy oval ballers!

Exehausted

Ooooo. Possibility then. Left sided defender.
At 26 he might be interested in a 3 year deal like Dean Moxey did. I'm sure that he wont get what he has been earning but from 1st July his wages will be nil. At 5 ft 10 he might be big enough to play left central defence, and he might be better than an aging Jonathan Grounds as cover for that position. According to Argyle fans he is really only good at left back and not left wing back. I would imagine he would be looking for more than a possible back up role and a big reduction in wages. I know we might change to a back four next season and people will say Jack Sparkes isn't good enough at full back but for me he would start ahead of Ben. Possible but unlikely.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just saw on Twitter "Exeter sign", got all excited but then saw it was for a South African Lock :) Bleddy oval ballers!
He's 6' 6", so I guess you hoped he was a 'keeper!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone suggested Ben Purrington yet?
If the Black Cats don't sign him first! ;)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
When are we going to see some ✍👀 on the old club twitter feed

Two weeks left of the month :sleep:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
When are we going to see some ✍👀 on the old club twitter feed

Two weeks left of the month :sleep:
Maybe when the squad return for training....

dontpassback

Ooooo. Possibility then. Left sided defender.
According to knowall Newell he fancies going back to the green uns

Grecianpasty

We've needed a natural left back for some time, and purrington would fit the bill. That said, MT clearly favours a back three, so I'd question whether his lack of versatility would effect his game time.

A good player nonetheless.

ryancooper327

We've needed a natural left back for some time, and purrington would fit the bill. That said, MT clearly favours a back three, so I'd question whether his lack of versatility would effect his game time.

A good player nonetheless.
He played wing back 11 times last season, 7 at LCB and 6 at LB. Pretty versatile.