• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Back on to the striker position, it will be interesting how much difference August makes. Sonny Cox will not only have July preseason but also up to 9 City games in August which are being played before the transfer window shuts at the start of September. Together with the new '5 subs' rule MT may decide to keep Sonny throughout August, give him 15 minutes off the bench occasionally/start in the Cup games.

And then decide what to do with Sonny's next four months at the end of August - and if he's being loaned out bring in another loan striker late in August.

fred binneys head

Is he any good?
Scored a double hattrick against Brazil in the first game of the season.

JCWhoosh

Is he any good?
Didn't even catch his name so spent the first few minutes after waking up Googling their players. No one jumped out at me so can't really call this a decent lead on someone coming in.

andrew p long

Is he any good?
in your dreams!

(or JCW's!)

SaintJames

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm one of those who thinks Oz has potential. His hold up play and ball control improved significantly in his time with us and he's a different type of player to anyone else on our books or likely to be signed. Assuming his wages are relatively low he'd be a decent backup / option off the bench.

SaintJames

I'm one of those who thinks Oz has potential. His hold up play and ball control improved significantly in his time with us and he's a different type of player to anyone else on our books or likely to be signed. Assuming his wages are relatively low he'd be a decent backup / option off the bench.
I agree. I would have him as a 3rd/4th striker

ExmouthMart

I agree. I would have him as a 3rd/4th striker
Hilarious……. 3rd/4th choice striker?! Who exactly do you think we are in the market for and how are we financing it?!

DJG.ECFC

Hilarious……. 3rd/4th choice striker?! Who exactly do you think we are in the market for and how are we financing it?!
Well we’ve already got Nombe So you don’t think we’re capable of getting in one striker that’s better than oz even if it’s a loan? I get our structure has financial limitation but some of our fans are beyond unambitious.

andrew p long

from the same sort of budget that paid for 4 strikers throughout the second half of last season? (Nombe, Amond, Zanzala, Philips)