• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

scottus86

The biggest difference in that performance over the last two was that we didn't give the ball away sloppily.

I think we'll do ok against the better teams in the league who try to play from the back, it suits us more with our high press game. We struggle against teams that bypass midfield.

Exehausted

Forest Green's form from the turn of the year must make very grim reading.
Indeed it must........but I can't be bothered to look it up!

Trapdoor

You can find me at the cat and fiddle any day of the week , driving the digger on the new training ground 😂😂😂😂😂
You sure you aren't a student in Manchester? 🍻

Bridgy 81

I see our friend Isaac Vassell is still training with us. He can be seen numerous times on the recent training video. I wonder if we’re just letting him train and that’s it, or would we decide to offer him something?

I can’t imagine he’d get much game time now we’re well stocked up top. Unless he can play CB of course!
I wonder if Isaac is still with us, has impressed and achieved the necessary fitness level to enable him to contribute?
If so, as a free agent, he maybe a short term option as cover for the departed Harry Smith at least until January.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if Isaac is still with us, has impressed and achieved the necessary fitness level to enable him to contribute?
If so, as a free agent, he maybe a short term option as cover for the departed Harry Smith at least until January.
If he is fit enough and willing, then a short term deal does no harm to cover Smith til January.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we need to cover Smith? Will we miss the contribution he made? Just go with what we've got. We have five players who can play in forward positions.

Bridgy 81

Do we need to cover Smith? Will we miss the contribution he made? Just go with what we've got. We have five players who can play in forward positions.
I don’t know much really about Vassell in terms of his playing style but when I’ve seen him on a couple of the training videos he’s looks to me like a fairly big bloke.
It didn’t work out for Smith because of the formation we usually play, a couple of injuries he sustained and a lack of game time in part due to us signing Stanno at the same time as him.
If Vassell plays in a similar mode to Smith I suppose it’s not just an extra body, it’s a different option.
Jevani, Stanno, Matt Jay and Sonny (hopefully) are good at what they do but Sam Nombe is the only striker we have that can ruffle opponents with a degree of physicality.
We know he puts a lot into his game so can understandably be prone to muscular issues or fatigue.
So a free agent, low cost, short term similar player as cover, if Vassell is still around, seems sensible to me.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure we do, barring injuries of course

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought it was Autumn?? :unsure:

red1

Of course we need cover. Take Nombe out of the side and you will see how lightweight our attack is. Nombe hassles and occupies, we have no one else to take that role