• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know that a new glovesman (and also possibly a L1 level holding midfielder and striker as well) but might it also be prudent to keep a little of the playing budget back - depending on how the early season goes - to offer better terms and extended contracts, not only for the "unexpected bonuses" that helped get us to promotion but also the homegrown lads (like Chiek, Archie and Alex) who started to shine?
Just a thought.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from this video being another great Grecian SM piece Craigy signals imminent transfer news at the end !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have no idea of the 'big extras' you talk about but my informant (a current players Dad) told me that the club had been offered around 1m for Josh Key but turned it down as they valued him at 1.4m. I don't think this is cloud cuckoo land at all. I believe Joel Randall went to Peterborough for a similar fee last summer. Keys still contracted for another 12 months, his price has not decreased. He's just helped us to promotion and must have been one of the most regular starters, a young energetic wing back from our esteemed academy. Of course he's worth 1.4m.

What do you value him at?
1.4 million does seem quite high but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a figure quite close to that. After all, most of us thought it was cloud cuckoo land to expect a similar fee for an injury prone player who had only played 30 times in the league but Peterborough proved us all wrong. I also feel Josh Key is under-rated by a lot of City fans. The two or three goals we conceded when he was ball-watching at the back post stick in the mind but overall I think he is very, very solid defensively. And going forward it would have been nice to have seen a few more assists last season but it doesn't help that we didn't have a striker who is naturally good at attacking Josh's many excellent crosses.

jimmy

1.4 million does seem quite high but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a figure quite close to that. After all, most of us thought it was cloud cuckoo land to expect a similar fee for an injury prone player who had only played 30 times in the league but Peterborough proved us all wrong. I also feel Josh Key is under-rated by a lot of City fans. The two or three goals we conceded when he was ball-watching at the back post stick in the mind but overall I think he is very, very solid defensively. And going forward it would have been nice to have seen a few more assists last season but it doesn't help that we didn't have a striker who is naturally good at attacking Josh's many excellent crosses.
I agree. The thing that stands out for me about him and Joel, is that they are absolute athletes.

Many were even thinking of sticking Josh up top when we experienced an injury crisis. His speed and physicality are the reasons for his potential versatility...and the reason he will be a Championship player.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. The thing that stands out for me about him and Joel, is that they are absolute athletes.

Many were even thinking of sticking Josh up top when we experienced an injury crisis. His speed and physicality are the reasons for his potential versatility...and the reason he will be a Championship player.
He did OK up top during extra time in the "game that wasn't", despite being the reason it wasn't. 🤣

CC

Looks like Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is leaving Torquay. Attacking midfielder seems to have done well there. Not sure if he would be good enough or fit in here but would annoy my TUFC supporting friends like hell...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now up to 36 pages and no solid rumours and hardly any speculation just whose available, Taylor and Flitcroft playing their cards close to their chests again?

Grecian Ed

I would imagine so mate.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now up to 36 pages and no solid rumours and hardly any speculation just whose available, Taylor and Flitcroft playing their cards close to their chests again?
Worked out well last summer, as that old saying goes "if it ain't broke . . . ." :)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Connor Lemonheigh-Evans is leaving Torquay. Attacking midfielder seems to have done well there. Not sure if he would be good enough or fit in here but would annoy my TUFC supporting friends like hell...
On his way to Stockport according to rumours.