• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Average Joe

Well that's one way to deal with only having one striker - go 4 up before you have to substitute him.
One Striker? Jay, Brown, Nombe, Cox...

Chelsea and Man City have both proved you can win a the best title in the world with good attacking midfield, both have won it without a striker.

If you play a 433 system one striker is enough.

I'm not worried about making any signings currently, would rather see out the next couple of weeks for any potential early fatigue or injuries.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Chelsea and Man City have both proved you can win a the best title in the world with good attacking midfield, both have won it without a striker.

I'm not worried about making any signings currently, would rather see out the next couple of weeks for any potential early fatigue or injuries.
Sorry but there is absolutely no debate around whether we need a new striker, we need one desperately.

Nombe WILL have an injury this season, Brown and Jay aren't number 9's and the jury is massively out on Cox and there is no reason to believe he is going to make the grade, we need someone ASAP and MT knows it.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scouting the Exeter and District Sunday Football League at this very moment. Many a gem to be found there…..
Probably planted in the unmentionable UrI Geller era #witchcraft #bolloxtheories

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
On Saturday pre-match, I was reliably informed* that, once a certain PL team have signed a striker, that we'll be taking one of their young strikers on loan. We all know who.

*bloke down the pub said 🤣

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah but no but, AJ has told us that premier league teams don't need strikers so why do we, this ain't going to happen then :ROFLMAO:

Average Joe

Yeah but no but, AJ has told us that premier league teams don't need strikers so why do we, this ain't going to happen then :ROFLMAO:
Twisting words again GNH, I simply said teams have proven you can still win without one :)

Cowshed Grecian

We need to stop worrying about Strikers, we will sign one if not two and they will both be loanees i think. There is 3 weeks left yet, as MT also says we will wait for the right player to become available.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster

Jay isn't an out and out striker, he's a number ten. Brown is far better playing as a ten than as the lead striker. Nombe obviously is and Cox is still very young, raw work in progress and probably not yet ready for League 1 football.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jay isn't an out and out striker, he's a number ten. Brown is far better playing as a ten than as the lead striker. Nombe obviously is and Cox is still very young, raw work in progress and probably not yet ready for League 1 football.
Spot on . I think Joe just likes to make controversial statements to stir folk up though.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And the one Matt Taylor tactic that hasn’t changed over the last 4 years is that he always likes to play with a big, strong lead striker to create space for the more skilful players.