• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster

Davis Keillor-Dunn released by Oldham would be a great signing to play up front, scored lots of goals in what has been a pretty dreadful Oldham team the last couple years.
Whilst I wouldn't necessarily want him at St James Park, I'm surprised to see that Oldham have released Piergianni. He always struck me as Oldham's most reliable defender.

ExmouthMart

Jacob Davenport for Josh Key ?
Jake Caprice for Josh Key?! Must have been the reason to give him a longer contract surely?

Reactions: Ash

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jake Caprice for Josh Key?! Must have been the reason to give him a longer contract surely?
Maybe. Time will tell.

ExmouthMart

Maybe. Time will tell.
Hopefully we can sell at least Key for decent money and that might give us more options in the transfer market. Anyone thinking we are making upgrades on players is likely to be disappointed. Renegotiating with Grounds should be a likely marker of where we are looking.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully we can sell at least Key for decent money and that might give us more options in the transfer market. Anyone thinking we are making upgrades on players is likely to be disappointed. Renegotiating with Grounds should be a likely marker of where we are looking.
God! you are so negative all of the time = Exeweb of old.

Who knows who we will sign and whether they will be an improvement, if anything this season has told us it is that time will tell!

Grecian_Matt

I wouldn't say Grounds is going to cost a lot of money, as it probably makes sense to use a very small amount of money on someone who can be trusted to do a job as a squad player.
I am sure if we wanted someone as good as or better than Grounds to be a squad player, then it would cost an awful lot more than he would.

MT knows what we need to improve, a RCB who has better passing and less likely to give away possession in dangerous positions.
Obviously a RWB to replace Key, although personally I think Caprice could probably do a job on that side - But good enough for L1? I am not sure - Same with Sparkes on the left.
Stubbs and Hartridge are both easily good enough for L1.
Midfield is probably 'OK' but certainly could do with better strength in regards to back up in this position - But with Atangana gone this has already improved.
Jay, I reckon will stay, unless we get a big offer for him.
Nombe and Brown are both potentially good enough, and get another striker who could actually add goals - I am sorry but I don't think Zanzala is good enough for L1.

TBH, this is probably the 2nd best team we have had in a very long time - Only the L1 team under Tisdale in the last 25 years has been better.
If we keep hold of the majority of our players, then hopefully we will be a comfortable Mid Table.

If MT can pull off a few stunning transfers, like he did this season, then I will dream about pushing for play offs.

SaintJames

Davis Keillor-Dunn released by Oldham would be a great signing to play up front, scored lots of goals in what has been a pretty dreadful Oldham team the last couple years.
Cant understand why he was released?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was probably more the case that he refused a new deal.

Anyway, the word is that he’s Tranmere bound.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Moomin stated, probably refused a new deal or Oldham going into the national league needed to offload his wages.

Boyo

Money, probably.