• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Banksy, I dont think it was the club as such but their GK coach he he worked with previously is at Wycombe
Ah , I see . I was poking undeserved fun at poor old Wycombe there . To be fair , there was a time when I rated them as about on a par with us , fellow league travellers if you like , but they’ve been doing very well of late and pulled ahead of us a tad of course.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah , I see . I was poking undeserved fun at poor old Wycombe there . To be fair , there was a time when I rated them as about on a par with us , fellow league travellers if you like , but they’ve been doing very well of late and pulled ahead of us a tad of course.
They have an American owner who by all accounts invests money into them - hence why they can afford wages of the likes of Sam Vokes and Daryl Horgan.

Banksy

They have an American owner who by all accounts invests money into them - hence why they can afford wages of the likes of Sam Vokes and Daryl Horgan.
Explains it then , two useful players there for a start. When push comes to shove we’ve great difficulty in competing with most of League One. It’s another rarified world up there , middle L1 and above. We’ll be doing superbly if can we consolidate around mid table.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Explains it then , two useful players there for a start. When push comes to shove we’ve great difficulty in competing with most of League One. It’s another rarified world up there , middle L1 and above. We’ll be doing superbly if can we consolidate around mid table.
I'd be surprised if anyone has a smaller budget than us, perhaps Cheltenham and Morecambe?

We aren't even big hitters financially in League 2, just shows what a great job we do with our resources.

Maybe, just maybe, players, agents and other clubs look at us spending in the region of £3M on the Training Ground upgrade and think we are swimming in cash.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe, just maybe, players, agents and other clubs look at us spending in the region of £3M on the Training Ground upgrade and think we are swimming in cash.
or maybe realise that after spending that we aint got a pot left to urinate in :)

denzel

I'm just imaging that now that we've said we won't settle for bang average signings, whoever we do sign will be amazing.

Cowshed Grecian

Where's all this talk of us being skint coming from? I hope that's just idle gossip because we have'nt signed anyone yet. Bigger season ticket sales, bigger gates....£3m on a training ground, and apparently we are skint again? Why though, surely questions should be asked on certain decisions if thats the case.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where's all this talk of us being skint coming from? I hope that's just idle gossip because we have'nt signed anyone yet. Bigger season ticket sales, bigger gates....£3m on a training ground, and apparently we are skint again? Why though, surely questions should be asked on certain decisions if thats the case.
We're not skint.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
me thinks you are taking exewb talk too far Cowshed :) Clearly compared to the majority of teams we arent cash rich but that isnt to say we is broke