• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
But how do you hold out for quality?
The quality players will almost certainly be in demand with clubs which have far more money than we have. They can pick and choose. Are they waiting for City to make a bid for them?
The answer has to be using the loan system, but there is no guarantee of quality in that.
Because the clubs which have far more money will be able to afford any one of a number of quality players and probably the quality player we want is only their second or third choice.

If they get their first choice it means we're closer to signing the quality player we want, who might then have to lower their wage demand. MT has said all this year on year.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
does he play in goal now?
No , but he’s got a mean toe punt on him.He also wouldn’t come anywhere near American Pete’s stringent height standards.

SaintJames

I’ll be even more worried if it’s the Heavitree United keeper.
So would I their first team folded couple of seasons ago :)

SaintJames

I think we had all written him off as an option once Wycombe came calling but good to know we can put a definitive line under him

IndoMike

Because the clubs which have far more money will be able to afford any one of a number of quality players and probably the quality player we want is only their second or third choice.

If they get their first choice it means we're closer to signing the quality player we want, who might then have to lower their wage demand. MT has said all this year on year.
I see ..

Banksy

I think we had all written him off as an option once Wycombe came calling but good to know we can put a definitive line under him
Pity we have to get pipped by these ‘ big’ clubs 😃 but there you go.

IndoMike

That was my poor attempt at a joke , could just as soon have said the Colyton keeper.
Thank God you didn't mention the Willand keeper

jimbo-gould

Kovar from Man United? Young GK previously on loan at Burton.

Attachments

Corey

Kovar from Man United? Young GK previously on loan at Burton.
Pretty strong rumours yesterday that he is going to Cheltenham on loan

SaintJames

Pity we have to get pipped by these ‘ big’ clubs 😃 but there you go.
Banksy, I dont think it was the club as such but their GK coach he he worked with previously is at Wycombe