• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

larrywilkie

But we have Scott so it's not a choice. I'd rather have neither
I'm going to stick my neck out (again) and say that after a pre season with the Squad and management, we'll be pleasantly surprised by Scott next season!! (My last prediction being that we would see a big improvement in Harper. Half right?).

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going to stick my neck out (again) and say that after a pre season with the Squad and management, we'll be pleasantly surprised by Scott next season!! (My last prediction being that we would see a big improvement in Harper. Half right?).
He needs to lose a stone and come back a) fit and b) wanting to knuckle down and realise his potential. There must be a player in there and he’s got age on his side.

I’ll give it till September before I make my mind up on him!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we come up with some names that haven't played for us before? There is a big wide pool of players out there.

Kieran Phillips - no thanks.

Phillips did ok, but not for me. I may bang on about him, but James Wilson yes. Would be good to hear other opinions on him.

JW57++

Phillips did ok, but not for me. I may bang on about him, but James Wilson yes. Would be good to hear other opinions on him.
I would like to see James Wilson here, a good target and skilful too. However, there must be a reason why Vale are releasing him.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like to see James Wilson here, a good target and skilful too. However, there must be a reason why Vale are releasing him.
Probably because he likes Devon ?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I may bang on about him, but James Wilson yes. Would be good to hear other opinions on him.
Which one?
The Pottery one or this one?
James Wilson (Welsh footballer) - Wikipedia

Pottery one who decided not to sign a new contract, I think. He's 27, scored both goals down the A38 and if Sam departed in January for £sssss would appear a good replacement.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pottery one who decided not to sign a new contract, I think. He's 27, scored both goals down the A38 and if Sam departed in January for £sssss would appear a good replacement.
He is a very good attacker but not a lead the line striker like Sam so wouldn't be a direct replacement. He has had a lot of injury problems in his career or would be playing higher.

C j phill

My only wish is that we sign players who can very quickly learn from their mistakes so that they do not make the same ones, time and time again.

I became fairly disheartened that the managers comments after defeats during the latter part of the season were, "these are learning experiences and we've got to get better from them" (I paraphrase)

If, after say a dozen matches of next season, GC is coming out with the same, or similar comments, either we've signed the wrong players or our coaching isn't up to scratch on terms of developing players.